WBC - countdown is slowing

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
tons of things going on, but time seems to have frozen. My mind is also making stupid mistakes. We are already booked and confirmed for our first week. I mistakenly had our 60-day mark as this week. It was partially correct. It was 60-days until our first week stay. I have to wait until next week to see if the owner we rent through was able to find inventory and a great upgrade for us for the second week. He responded to my email asking what I was taking and that it is not until next week. I guess I am overly anxious.

After reading and checking a few things, I am seriously considering the dummy rental. There are a few things I want to do on this trip that I would not be able to if I cannot book my FPs at 60-days out (Pandora and FEA). It may be worth the $85. That will get me EMH to AK. We can rope drop one of the Pandora rides and FP the other. The next day we can FP FEA. I know I will be able to do it all in December when we go back, but that is like have the ice cream cone in your hand and not be able to lick it.

I booked a room at Pop to get my fast and new magic bands. When I booked it I wasn't sure if I would use it or not. Looks like I'll be canceling next wee for a refund.

You are going to have a fantastic time! We have until the end of July until we are there! I just booked a week earlier at Orange Lake, then we are leaving a day early and staying on-site for 1 night before finally checking in. Hope you have a wonderful time! Are you there early December or late December?

Our December schedule is tentative. Everything revolves around my DW taking a new teaching position. We have the year-round school schedules where you are on 9-weeks off 3-weeks. That will dictate when we can get back. If everything stays as it is now, DD will be on the schedule where she is off all of December. We would go either the first or second week of Dec.

I am just overly anxious now that we are approaching the 60-day window for the second vacation week. We are hopeful that there will be a nice upgrade (1BR Dlx to a 4BR Pres free would be nice). If it was that big, I would not accept it. He is such a good guy he could rent that thing for a good chunk more than he is charging me. But, a 1BR to a 2BR Dlx would be a nice treat.

We booked a room at All Star Sports so we could get our 60 day FP, we are going the week of Memorial Day and with Pandora opening we didn't want to risk missing out on the headliners.

Hope you are able to get the ungrade- we can't get any of those things since we bought resale ;) and the only time that we can ever travel is peak season and the chances for an upgrade would be next to nothing. None of their owner 'perks' work for us as we are in a unique situation. Best of luck!

Today marks the 60-day window for the Platinum VIP benefits. The owner emailed me for all necessary contact information. Now it is a waiting game to see what magic he is able to work. I told him that we only need a 1BR unit. I know it is a side business for him so if he can obtain a big unit to rent to someone else, he can keep it as long as I get my 1BR. He laughed and did not see an issue of at least getting the 1BR.

:worship:

for an annual pass with wdw it is only 30 days before - for the 60 days you must be staying in an WDW resort room/or DVC.

Or, you can book a throwaway campsite for $80, get MBs, get 2 days of FPs at the 60 and 61 day marks, and EMH for those 2 days.

Oh well. We lost the reservation at WBC for the second week. I have to look at availability at other resorts. The owner was almost in tears and I had to explain that I am not upset by any means. I told him I need him for future trips. After we spoke, I emailed him to tell him not to be upset. I told him I am not upset so he shouldn't be either.

He does have Wyndham Cyprus Palms for $375 in a 1BR Deluxe. I know nothing about that resort and will look into it as an option.

WBC is slammed that week and I don't expect to find anything at an affordable rate. I will look to Orange Lake to start, then Reunion, and then Windsor Hills.

And plans change once again. Nothing like life getting in the way of vacation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter