Ways to save money at Disney

Disney_sweet_heart

keeping under the budget
Hi, my name is Zoe . I'm only 10 but I've been to Disney more then I could possibly count ! Anyway on my past trip I went with my mom , dad and brother. Me and my mom went to Epcot and my brother and dad went to starwars weekend. Me and my mom wanted to save as much money as possible . Here are some cool tips we used to save money.

1.Instead of buying an over priced mist sprayer at one of the disney stores ,
buy one at walmart for 3.00 .

2.when my family go's to disney, we always stop for an icecream. We all get our own. And alot of the times the icecreams are so big we practicly waste two because we only eat about half at the most . So instead of buying one for each person in the family, two people share one . That will save you at least 5.00 .

3.If you have any younger children who don't eat a whole meal and just eat like two bites of each thing ,instead of buying a 6.00 meal that he/she won't eat just ask for an extra plate and give then little bits from your meal.

4.Alot of times when we go to disney it rains. So we always need rain coats so we don't get soaking wet and then feel uncomfortible for the rest of the day and ruin our trip . But if you buy a rain coat at disney it costs like 6.00 .
So instead of buying an over price rain coat bring one from home .

5.This might not save you money but it will save you time . You know how they have extra hours in the morning . Well anyways if your staying at a disney hotel and you want to go on a ride that you know there will be a large line on during the day . just go to the early morning hours and go on the ride that will have a line at , and you be on it at little at no time at all.It will really save you time during the day.

I hope these tips were helpful !

for sharing. It is great to have everyone in the family involved in the budgeting for the trip. My 7 year old DD is very involved in the money decisions on our trip.

Lisa

Thanks for sharing the tips! Also WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!

Thanks for sharing those tips with us:thumbsup2

BTW Welcome to the DIS :wave:

We're going to Disney the first week of October. Should I expect rain? And, if so.. how much? Do I need raincoats? Is it that much? Please help.. Thanks

Great tips! :thumbsup2
Saving money while AT WDW will make it easier to go back even sooner!!!:)

Thank you Zoe!

My son is ten, and I'll show the tips to him. And, suggest when we go he think of some to share with other people. It will be his first time, so I hope he ends up being as smart about it as you are!

My wife and I go twice a year and save a bundle by getting a fridge in our room,we bring cereal,milk,bread,jelly,and other breakfast foods,also we bring our toaster and by eating breakfast in our room it usually saves us between $60 and $100 dollars a trip.We also try to go off property at least twice a visit to eat dinner and that saves us probally $30 to $50 dollars a trip.You can also bring bottle water and crackers or granola bars in a bag with you into the park for snacks so that you dont have to impulse buy snacks!pirate:

I've been to disney in October many times ,somtimes it rains and somtimes it doesn't. so just to be safe bring the rain coats . look at the weather out side when you get to orlando . That will help you dicide if you need to bring the rain coats to the park or not . (I would bring them to the park just incase.)

Those are great tips, Zoe. I'll be traveling with a 14 year old and a 10 year old who are basic picky eaters. Sharing a plate will probably work out very well for them!!;) . For myself and two children, we'll be bringing boxes of breakfast bars to eat in the AMs instead of having larger breakfasts. Better to get to the parks before they fill up than waiting in line for breakie at the food courts:banana: And since I'm trying to drop 20 lbs B4 we go (8 down, 12 to go) MY breakie bars will either be SlimFast or South Beach. Yum factor: zero.

Welcome to the Board and we look forward to more posts from you:love: .

As some of you have already said , it is a very good idea to bring along food to put in the hotel fridge and to bring along at the parks.Here are some easy snacks you can bring along with you .
1. granola bars
2. fruit chewys
3.a small fruit cup
4. a small bag of pretzels
5. bottle of water

or anything that will fit in the fridge .

I hope these tips help !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!