Waving to the Public

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
My 2 DD (7 & 12) totally embarrased the rest of our family by waving the the people passing by on the monorail while we ate at the Concourse Steakhouse! We would count how many people would wave back. Then over at San Angel's we had a table right up front and we would wave to the people passing by on the boat ride but this time we would wave only if they waved first. Cheap thrills. Please tell me if anyone else is nutty like me.

I don't think it is embarrassing to wave at others when the train, monorail or a ride goes by. I do it all of the time, and I bet I have a good 39 years on your children.

They are having fun, being friendly and getting into the spirit of what Disney is all about! Good for them!:)

LOL, I remember my boyfriend getting embarrassed at San Angel Inn when I was waving at the passing boats. Hey, they waved first! :cool:

See Barbara, that's one of your happy/funny memories!!! I've been caught waving to boats, monorail and train people too. This is the first time I've talked my DH into a WDW vacation with us and I'm sure he's going to be very embarrased by some of the silly things I do, but hey it's WDW!

Pammy

Pammy -
It was one of the good memories. I liked waving. Maybe it was the dinner drinks. I don't think it was the girls that embarrassed DH it was ME. (good)

On our last trip, my fiancee and I really enjoyed waving to people that were riding "Its a Small World" as we ate at Pinnochio's Village Haus. Almost everyone on the ride that saw us seemed to enjoy it and waved back. I think its nice to share the wonderful experience of Disney World with complete strangers.... we'll probably do it again next time!

We too like to wave at the boat going into IASW. A couple of years ago we went with some other people and the kids were all at a table by the window waving while the adults got the food. A couple weeks later we ran into my son's old pre-school teacer. She told us what fun it was to see the kids waving at them while they were in the boat at IASW. We didn't even know they were there we just normally wave at people. It was really quite funny.

I also love to wave at the boats at Pinocchio's Village Haus, and I also have 39 years on your oldest DD. I read a great idea about waving on these boards that I can't wait to do next trip. Get to MK early, then take the ferry back across the lagoon before 10:00 or so. You'll probably be one of the only ones on it and yet there'll be lots of people waiting to cross over to MK. Stand up top and wave to them. They'll all wave back, thinking you're a CM-why else would you be coming FROM the MK so early? DH just rolls his eyes when I tell him about this, but I can't wait to do it!

We wave at the people on the cars passing us by on TTA/Wed Way also.

One of DD's(8) favorite MK activites is to wave to the "boat people" from Pinnochio Haus. We HAVE to eat lunch there each visit and sit at the window. Last month she counted the boats where ALL the people on them waved back at her. Was quite a few.:D She also waves to the Pinnochio eaters while on the boat, and to the CM's up above the boat launch.:p We waved to the monorails while staying at CR too. Why not?;)

We love to wave, too. It's just sharing the magic with each other.

And when a surrey bike goes by on the boardwalk with a little one in the child seat, we yell "Ring the bell! Ring the bell!", and we cheer them when they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter