• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water

Peppermint Ice

Mouseketeer
One of the people traveling with me in May will need to stop for ice water frequently due to a medical condition. He needs to avoid overheating and dehydration. I know that all quick service locations offer free ice water. Are we able to mobile order the ice water? Are there any locations in the 4 parks that he can go to without standing in the food line?

Just to clarify you cannot mobile order the free ice water but at any counter service location just walk up to the counter and ask. As others mentioned many places have a cooler set up with glasses ready to go especially in the warmer months.

Also, certain locations have filtered water as opposed to straight Orlando tap water. The tap water is not pleasant to drink so the filtered is preferable. I don't know if there is a list someone has made of where you can get filtered vs tap as well as locations that allow you to fill it on your own, Satu'li and Electric Umbrella come to mind for these. I'm sure there is information on all of this somewhere, maybe someone will know and post it.

Also, certain locations have filtered water as opposed to straight Orlando tap water. The tap water is not pleasant to drink so the filtered is preferable. I don't know if there is a list someone has made of where you can get filtered vs tap as well as locations that allow you to fill it on your own, Satu'li and Electric Umbrella come to mind for these. I'm sure there is information on all of this somewhere, maybe someone will know and post it.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have THAT list! Thanks for the info!

Just to clarify you cannot mobile order the free ice water but at any counter service location just walk up to the counter and ask. As others mentioned many places have a cooler set up with glasses ready to go especially in the warmer months.
Good to know, thank you!

Last fall, at some of the small snack stands, like the one by RnRC, they had glasses of water sitting there for people to pick up.

You can pack a cooler with ice packs and water bottles so that your companion will have water ready to go at all times. It would also save your group a lot of time from not having to stop frequently/detour to find a restaurant.

Starbucks will sometimes have water out where people are waiting to pick up their drinks. I've seen it at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. For any quick service water just bypass the line and ask the person behind the counter preparing trays of food that you'd like a cup of water. I never wait in any line to do this. There are also water fountains around the parks so if you bring a water bottle you can fill it up whenever you see one.

I found if i went to the mobile order pick up spot, it was easy to ask for a glass of ice water.
This is wonderful because we planned to use mobile ordering to save time, but I thought we might not be able to ask for extras in the mobile order line since cups of ice water aren’t listed on the mobile menus. Thanks!

Outside Hollywood & Vine is another location for water.

41768621400_4d97e40c53_c.jpg

If you are wondering,this is what the sign says.:)
41768620620_2223e439bc_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter