Water View at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside??

Miss Kelly

DIS Veteran
Should I spend the extra money to get a Water View or is it worth it? Pictures anyone?

Thanks!
Kelly :sunny:

I was actually wondering the same thing about PO-FQ. We did spring for the water view, but with my luck, the "water" will be a puddle in the parking lot.

We had water view at POR and we really enjoyed it...they asked if we wanted a pool or river view. I asked for river, which was nice....we could even see some fireworks over the trees from our room (Partierre Place, 3rd floor) I dont think its a deal breaker though, as most of the times you will want to have your shades closed as people walk by, but it can be nice in the morning,

We had a water view at POFQ on our recent trip. Basically this will either be a view of the river or a view of the pool... which really at POFQ you can't see the pool from the rooms very well because it's surrounded with shrubs. I suppose if you were on an upper floor? We were on the 2nd floor facing the river, bldg 2 on the end by the boat dock. The view was very pretty esp in the morning... I saw many people would pull chairs out in front of their room to enjoy the view and drink morning coffee.

Have to say that twice I have paid for a water view at POR and twice it has not been a big deal. Once it was a pool view and the last time it was a 'peek' at the river. Nope, I wouldn't pay for it again. I did keep my shades drawn most of the time too, so it just wasn't worth it for us. I would rather request anything other than a parking lot view. And even those don't look too bad.

Originally posted by Strawberry Lemonade
I was actually wondering the same thing about PO-FQ. We did spring for the water view, but with my luck, the "water" will be a puddle in the parking lot.

Ha! I always wonder about that myself so I have yet to have one but was contemplating it for next year. DH said he thought it was a waste as you are in WDW anyway " How bad can it be"!!

I am interested in the replies though.

We had the "water view" last time we stayed at POR, when we got to the room it was a pool (shrub) view so we requested to be moved. They gave us a 3rd floor river view...but it was no big deal and not worth the extra money IMO. There are no patios with the rooms here, just walkways in front of your door....so unless you plan to spend time standing outside your room looking at the "water" I would save the money (albiet little) and spend it elsewhere on things you can really enjoy.

Thanks for the replies.

Do you always get a parking lot view with a standard room? Just curious.

we always had a standard view when we stayed at dixie landings (POR).....our view was always of the grounds....i didn't notice that anyone had a view of the parking lots...at least not in the buildings around us....
but as everyone said, you don't really look out your window at all....the window faces the walkway outside the room doors (like in a motel)...our drapes were always drawn....so i could have been facing a brick wall and it would have been the same thing....
don't get me wrong....we LOVED dixie landings......walking around on the grounds there you feel very secluded.....
but you really don't look out your window at all...the room is to sleep in, nothing more...
if you want a balcony and view, you should stay at one of the 'deluxe' resorts.....with the various discounting, you can often get a deluxe room for not that much more than a moderate....
i've seen the AKL and WL rooms go for very cheap.....one year we stayed at the AKL for $129/night....i think that was cheaper than the POR.....so don't automatically rule anything out...

We just got back from POR and had a standard view, which was of the grounds. I agree with other posters that it wouldn't be worth the money. We weren't in our room that much that didn't involve sleep and most of the time our curtains were closed (and we were on the 2nd floor!) The grounds are beautiful and I was happy with our "view". Keep in mind a water view could be of a pool and therefore louder due to people swimming at all hours.

Originally posted by Miss Kelly
Thanks for the replies.

Do you always get a parking lot view with a standard room? Just curious.
princess: We just returned from our Disney trip last Friday. Stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. It's the second time we have stayed at this resort, only this time we got the Alligator Bayou. When we checked in she showed us the resort map and actually pointed out the areas that were available. We choose one close to a "quiet pool" and the water. Also got a bottom floor. I don't feel we are in our room long enough to worry about the view, and all Disney room views are pretty good. We could take a short walk from our room and sit on the bench by the water.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter