Water in play fountains in December?

ranthony

DIS Veteran
I've heard mention of some play fountains, like at Donald's Boat in Toontown and in DTD and is there one in Pooh's Playground? Will these have water flowing in mid-late December? I know if my 3 little guys see water they can play in they'd be wet in a flash. Should I bring a change of clothes or even swimsuits for them or are the temps in Dec. too cold to have the water flowing? I have twin 2 yos and a 6 yo so I dread the thought of having to carry around stuff I don't need but don't want to be caught unprepared either...KWIM!

Yes the fountains are generally all on. And even though I was raised in Colorado, I'll tell you that it can be...well, not cold, but at least down right chilly in December. Add wet clothes to the situation and the kids would be miserable pretty quickley.

I have seen some on and some off during Dec.-Jan. I agree that it would be a real hassel to try and deal with wet/cold kids in the parks. If your resort has a fountain, maybe let them play there and then head to the room for a quick change. Of course you could do like the family at POP back in Jan. The little girl was playing in the goofy fountain there one really cool am in her winter coat:confused3 . Not sure what she would do the rest of the day.

It sounds like the water will probably be flowing in some of these areas so I guess I'll pack the extras just in case. :sad2: If you see a lady in December with 3 boys and she looks like a pack mule, well that would be me...be sure to wish me a happy holiday...please!:goodvibes

I suppose that with your twin 2 yo´s you will at least have one stroller, so that definetly helps with carrying stuff.

A great tip floating about the disboards is to pack their clothers in a gallon sized zip lock bag, this way you just throw one bag of clothes per kid under the stroller and you know that everything matches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter