watching NFL on monorail loop

Dashcomplete

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are staying at the GF this weekend and are looking for a place to watch the Patriots game on Sunday. We are going to MNSSHP afterwards so don't want to stray too far from the monorail loop.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hi all,

We are staying at the GF this weekend and are looking for a place to watch the Patriots game on Sunday. We are going to MNSSHP afterwards so don't want to stray too far from the monorail loop.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

I’m trying to remember if Mizner’s at GF has TVs... something is telling me they don’t (or at least ones that would be good for football viewing) but I might not be remembering the setup correctly.

The Outer Rim lounge at CR (4th floor, next to Chef Mickey’s and Contempo Cafe) has TVs and could be an OK spot. People were watching college football there a few Saturday nights ago when we were there. Geyser Point at WL is brand new and has GREAT TVs. Barefoot Pool bar at Poly has one TV and friendly bar tenders who will probably put on whatever you want (you can sit on the “outside the pool gate” section as a non-Poly guest).

I can’t remember if the GF Courtyard Pool has TVs at the bar there??? Not sure why my GF memory is so poor!

The question here is, what time is it on and is it the nationally aired game or regionally aired?
If it's not national you aren't going to be able to watch it anywhere that doesn't have NFL Sunday Ticket, which is only ESPN Club at Boardwalk and Splitsville, I think. At least I know they have it. Not certain if anywhere else does. I know resort rooms do not, 99% sure bars in Resorts do not

For instance, I understand the Titans/Seahawks game is the National game on Fox at 4:00. So if you aren't in a broadcast market for a local NFL team you will watch this game at 4:00 on Fox. The Broadcast market for a local NFL team is roughly 200 miles from their home stadium. I assume Orlando is in the home market for Tampa, maybe for Jacksonville (I have no idea how far it is). Not sure what time either team plays on Sunday, or what network they air the game on since the rules are convoluted. It's based on AFC is on CBS, NFC on Fox but the visiting team brings the network if the opponent is out of conference (which is why the Titans are airing on Fox this week)

Last edited:

The question here is, what time is it on and is it the nationally aired game or regionally aired?
good call. CBS in Orlando is airing the Miami - Jets game, not the Patriots. Perhaps, I'll have to check when we get to the resort but I'm not optomistic.

thanks everyone else for the great tips. Geyser Point at WL sounds great if they're playing the game!

I know at least 1 of the pool bars at GF has a TV or 2 because DH has watched College GameDay waiting for me to finish up at the Spa. However if GF is like the pool bars at POFQ & POR there is no NFL ticket. Just what ever the local Fox & CBS stations are showing.Since the Buccaneers and Dolphins have games at 1:00 that is most likely what you will get.The Jaguars are playing in London in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter