WARNING re: booking shore excursions on the phone

That is so sad! :(
But I wonder if noticing it on the tickets would have made a difference. I mean you had it on the confirmation but said it said "observer" on the tickets and basically that you should have looked at the tickets when you got them.... on a popular excursion like that- would it have made a difference? If you had noticed a few days before when you got the tickets and said something then- would they have been able to get you on that excursion anyway? I wonder... I think you basically got screwed and it probably wouldn't have made a difference if you had noticed on the tickets on day one.... by that time they had messed it up and it was only a few days before the excursion (right?) and probably couldn't have fixed it at that point anyway to get you guys on that excursion.
So personally, I wouldn't be blaming yourself. Noticing it sooner probably wouldn't have made a difference in this case....

FWIW - Orient Beach is known world wide as the largest "clothing Optional" beach. If you do not wish to see nude or topless people, its not the place to be. All the beaches on St. Maarten are pretty much topless, as most European islands are. If going to St. Maarten, a "safe" beach to go to is either Great Bay, right near the port, or over to Mullet Bay, just a beautiful beach, maybe someone topless, but thats it. But to tell you, have been going to the island since I was 15, and growing up in CT, seeing naked people didn't hurt me. I didn't and don't have problems, and my kids don't either. We don't particpate, but when we go to Orient for the day, DD doesn't even notice it. DD and DS have been going since they were born, DS started giggling this past April, but that was all, we just explained that some like to sun bath nude and we don't. No big deal! Seeing a naked person won't hurt them. Now if you are witnessing lewd behavior, than that's another story.

Regarding Bibidibobidiboo's reply, you are probably right. Who knows if it would of or wouldn't of made a difference to check the tix. Like I said our mentaility was we had 2 previous perfect cruises to check was NOT something that was thought of. Live and learn and hopefully someone besides me can benefit from our boo-boo!

About the nudity, I really still think it wasn't Disney like. We were not told when we were changed to the Orient Beach excursion as it was an impulse change for us and I just want to share and ensure as many folks as possible really know they'll see nudity just so they aren't like we shocked happened to us. I don't really want to debate with folks whether the nudity it is appropriate or not by our families standards and if others feel the same, just beware!

Good luck friends and enjoy the cruise, we really love it regardless of our last weeks hickups!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter