WARNING: Disney Parks DVD + Blu-Ray

ZiPaD3doDAH

DIS Veteran
Update: I just realized on amazon that the blu ray has 167 minutes worth of footage and the regular dvds has 308 minutes ! Totally not fair, they make it seem as if it's the same thing!

Taken from Amazon reviewer:
Here's a definitive answer for you about what's on the blu-ray version - straight from the publisher "Questar, Inc." They are making two products. One is a Blu-Ray or DVD of 3 programs:

Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
Ultimate Walt Disney World
Undiscovered Disney Parks

The other is a DVD-only product with 6 DVDs that include those 3 programs plus a further 3

Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney Cruise Line

NONE of those are "in-park" DVDs -- they're all former Travel Channel specials. Hopefully that clears that up.

Here's a couple of links if you're still confused:

http://www.questarhomevideo.com/shopexd.asp?id=1070
http://www.questarhomevideo.com/shopexd.asp?id=1068

--------------------------

Hellooooo :)

I just recieved my disney parks blu-ray (YAY!), BUT I noticed something online.

The DVD set includes:

-Behind The Scenes of WDW Resort
- Animal Kingdom
- Disney Cruise Line

& from what I see online from the blu-ray reviews, the blu-ray does not bring those features. Can anyone confirm this? I haven't opened my blu-ray yet incase I want to return it if it dosen't have these features.

Thanks again & tell me what you think about it overall :flower3:

I don't think they ever made it seem like they contained the same amount of footage. I very easily deduced that the Blu Ray only had half the episodes the full set had. Amazon's description includes this, the press releases indicated this and if you compared the two packages, you'd see the difference in contents.

Well I think it's confusing because you would expect the same thing on both disc.

If anything I would expect the same thing on the blu-ray & MORE since they always put extra stuff into the blu-ray packages like special extras.

Well I think it's confusing because you would expect the same thing on both disc.

If anything I would expect the same thing on the blu-ray & MORE since they always put extra stuff into the blu-ray packages like special extras.

Yes but in this case, the footage on the regular discs was simply not high quality enough to put on Blu Ray. So in essence, it's a good thing they didn't bilk the customers by pretending the other three episodes were good enough to be make it on Blu Ray. I've been watching the standard definition episodes today on my Blu Ray player and the upscaling isn't doing enough to make these look all that great. Plus none are in widescreen.

That said, I don't forgive them for not having a set with the other three episodes separately. Seems wasteful to have to buy the full set to get the three standard definition episodes that aren't on the Blu Ray.

What about the content of the discs, is it worth buying?

What about the content of the discs, is it worth buying?

So far I have only seen one disc, the walt disney world resort behind the scenes. I like it a lot, has good features & has info on the rides.

It's the same thing they premiered on the travel channel. If your a big disney fan I say get it.

Or you can request it on netflix & see if you think it's worth buying. That's what I did before I opened my blu ray disc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter