Want to have a great day around Falmouth? Read this...

JP350Z

Mouseketeer
I just stepped off the Fantasy Western Carribean route this past Sat. The area I researched the most was Falmouth Jamaica and available all inclusive day passes near port. Yes I know Dunns/Blue hole/bobsled/zip line are all great too but my kids are 3 and 6 so none of that is age appropriate and I've already climbed the Falls anyway. You should know the Jewel resort Disney uses for an all inclusive excursion is 45 min away so you loose 1.5 hours of your day on a bus with that option.

I chose the Royalton White Sands ALL INCLUSIVE in Trelawny due to its close proximity to the port (3.5 miles), it's large pools, waterslides and large kids pool/play complex. I was 100% satisfied with this choice, it's fabulous. Especially after the disappointing small pools on the ship with 4,000 other people.

Where to buy all inclusive day pass:

I can't post a link but Google jamaica cruise excursions (all one word) dot Com and you will find them for $88pp adult and $44pp kids. Do not chose to add transportation with them because thier drivers meet you outside the secure port where you don't want to go. Inside the secured and beautiful new port there is a taxi/tour stand. It will be $10pp on the way there but you can negotiate $5pp on the way home. The resort will sell you a day pass directly but thier price is $100 and you must find thier direct number and call ahead.

Upon arriving at the resort go to guest services and pay the remainder of your balance because the excursion company only takes a deposit before hand. You will be given wrist bands and they ask to hold your drivers liscense which I didn't like but had no problem getting them back at the end of the day.

Pool facility is HUGE with 2 family pools and one adults only pool with a swim up bar. We had no problem finding chairs with umbrellas. Towels are available so you don't need them from the ship.

Beach has a Sandy bottom and is shallow so you can walk pretty far off. Some wave action but nothing hard for small kids to play in.

Non motorized watersports such as sea kayaks, paddle boards, pedal boats are included and available at the watersports hut on the beach you just have to sign the waiver first.

They have 4 large waterslides for bigger kids (my 6 yr old was tall enough so 48 inches) and a pirate ship small slide play area for little kids.

Food is available inside the buffet but bring a dry pair of shorts or at the beachside jerk chicken and BBQ hut which was yummy.

Drinks are anything you want, Red stripe on tap and a long list of frozen coctails all included. I brought singles for tips and we had servers coming around taking drink orders.

I would absolutely stay a week there and was pricing it out on the way home.

They had kids games in the afternoon with prizes and I heard they had a children's character Mike the Knight the day before. I belive this is why disney does not work with them, they have a contract with another studio. For a brief time last year disney did offer this as an excursion but stopped it so now you have to book it on your own.

They are currently building a large lazy river complex and a new tower of rooms so I think it will be an even better resort in the near future. Hopefully they don't discontinue the day passes when they have more guests.

I have a full review on TA under the same username with pictures. Currently working on a Gopro video of our trip will post here when done.

Last edited:
How did you arrange the return cab ride back to the ship? Did you pre-arrange for the same driver to pick you up at a certain time? I'm not sure that I could really enjoy myself during the day worrying about whether they'd be back to get me or they'd skip me because they got a better fare in the meantime. That's the part that makes me so nervous about this plan, though it sounds pretty good! I wish it was like Cozumel where taxis are just lined up at the resort to take you back to the port and no need to pre-arrange, but I don't think it's like that from my previous Jamaica visits and research.

There were several cabs waiting at the resort so no worries there. The door guy waved one over for us. Guests from the resort frequently go on tours or shopping so they keep cabs on stand by. Our cab/van driver from the port offered a round trip fare but I wanted to keep my leaving time open. He did give us a card to call him directly if we wanted to.

Thank you for your review. I too have been researching what to do in Jamaica. Thanks again.

Thanks for your post! You mentioned that you paid the remainder of your balance once you get to the resort. How did they know that your price was $88 per adult instead of the $100 that they charge directly? Was the excursion company easy to communicate with?

We did something similar but at the Jewel Runaway Bay. Same idea - lazy river, kids play area, water slides, etc... We loved it so much, on our next cruise we went back, and thinking maybe we just go there for a week sometime.

We did something similar but at the Jewel Runaway Bay. Same idea - lazy river, kids play area, water slides, etc... We loved it so much, on our next cruise we went back, and thinking maybe we just go there for a week sometime.
It appears this is the same resort that Disney goes to, did you book this on your own?

Thanks for your post! You mentioned that you paid the remainder of your balance once you get to the resort. How did they know that your price was $88 per adult instead of the $100 that they charge directly? Was the excursion company easy to communicate with?

The company jamaica cruise excursion dot com was fine. After paying you get a an email confirmation with how much your balance is. I took it with me and it was easily accepted at the hotels front desk. You'll see the resort name is not listed initially online just "Falmouth Day Pass" but the pictures are clearly Royalton and when you get your confirmation it states the resort is the Royalton. Excursion company responded well to email. I asked if thier transport would pick me up inside the port and they responded no so I cancelled just my transportation. I didn't want to walk to the old courthouse in Falmouth to get picked up.

So glad you shared. I was having a hard time figuring out Falmouth for the same reason you stated.

The company jamaica cruise excursion dot com was fine. After paying you get a an email confirmation with how much your balance is. I took it with me and it was easily accepted at the hotels front desk. You'll see the resort name is not listed initially online just "Falmouth Day Pass" but the pictures are clearly Royalton and when you get your confirmation it states the resort is the Royalton. Excursion company responded well to email. I asked if thier transport would pick me up inside the port and they responded no so I cancelled just my transportation. I didn't want to walk to the old courthouse in Falmouth to get picked up.
Great. Thanks for clarifying!

OK, this is a little too funny. I just watched the video on YouTube a few days ago before seeing this post. I was just searching videos for the Fantasy/Dream hoping one day we can go.

Oh ok. I'll check them out as well. Thanks!

Absolutely. Let me elaborate, as I was on mobile last time so a bit short in my replies. The first time we did this we went with just my family (4 yr old and 2 yr old). We thought it was a great, relaxing day and my kids loved the splash area. 9 months later, we went on a family cruise (20 people, kids ranging from 9 months to 13, and two adults celebrating their birthday on the day of Jamaica). Now, our philosophy on cruises with family is that everyone should feel free to do whatever shore excursion interests them -- most in our group had never been to Jamaica. We told them we did this before, and since our kids were young (now almost 5 and almost 3), we would go back to Jewel Runaway Bay as we enjoyed it last time, and for kids our age, its easy, though we recommended those with older kids might want to consider something more adventurous (like Dunns River Falls or ziplining). Also, my extended family is not as well-traveled or well-off as us (middle class instead of upper-middle class), so I was worried that at $100 per person for basically a beach/pool/waterpark, they might feel they overspent.

Everyone, all 20 people, loved it and it was probably the favorite thing we did all trip. Older kids loved the water slides, younger kids loved the splash area, Birthday boys (29 and 37 yrs old) were doted upon with "free" booze (maybe a little too much free booze for one of them). If we go back to Jamaica, we may make this a threefer, though everyone said at the end, maybe next time we skip the cruise and just go here for a week. I've not been to the place mentioned by the OP -- it looks similar and wonderful too -- but as Cogsworth would say, at least for my family, if it ain't Baroque, why fix it. What I can vouch for is that sometimes these simple excursions are the best.

That looks fantastic! We have been to the Hilton Rose Hall twice and love it. It is a 30 minute drive, about $50 both ways for our family. Has anyone done both and can compare?

Absolutely. Let me elaborate, as I was on mobile last time so a bit short in my replies. The first time we did this we went with just my family (4 yr old and 2 yr old). We thought it was a great, relaxing day and my kids loved the splash area. 9 months later, we went on a family cruise (20 people, kids ranging from 9 months to 13, and two adults celebrating their birthday on the day of Jamaica). Now, our philosophy on cruises with family is that everyone should feel free to do whatever shore excursion interests them -- most in our group had never been to Jamaica. We told them we did this before, and since our kids were young (now almost 5 and almost 3), we would go back to Jewel Runaway Bay as we enjoyed it last time, and for kids our age, its easy, though we recommended those with older kids might want to consider something more adventurous (like Dunns River Falls or ziplining). Also, my extended family is not as well-traveled or well-off as us (middle class instead of upper-middle class), so I was worried that at $100 per person for basically a beach/pool/waterpark, they might feel they overspent.

Everyone, all 20 people, loved it and it was probably the favorite thing we did all trip. Older kids loved the water slides, younger kids loved the splash area, Birthday boys (29 and 37 yrs old) were doted upon with "free" booze (maybe a little too much free booze for one of them). If we go back to Jamaica, we may make this a threefer, though everyone said at the end, maybe next time we skip the cruise and just go here for a week. I've not been to the place mentioned by the OP -- it looks similar and wonderful too -- but as Cogsworth would say, at least for my family, if it ain't Baroque, why fix it. What I can vouch for is that sometimes these simple excursions are the best.
I appreciate the additional info. It's just my husband and me (we're close in age to the Birthday boys you mentioned). I thought we could maybe just stay and relax on the ship and save some money but may decide on something like this so we can experience at least a little bit of Jamaica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter