Want to cash out on MyPoints-what can I get for DisneyWorld?

eeyoreforever

DIS Veteran
I have a total of a little over 5000 points. We are planning a trip to Disney in June, so I am looking to cash in my points before too long. The only thing I see that I could use on our vacation is a gc to Rainforest Cafe. Am I missing something? Anything else I might want to get that can be used at Disney?

Also, for those who have requested a gift cert., how long does it typically take to receive it?

Thanks for any help

I cashed out for $80 worth of Bahama Breeze gift cards for our last trip (Nov 2004). The bill was $88 and three of us ate a ton of food & drink. Bahama Breeze is a short drive from WDW property. Fun place, good food.

I also cash out for the Darden gift cards. They are good at Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze. All 3 are very close to WDW.

Just an FYI for those with high point balances, under travel there is a category called travel miles--these can be redeemed for WDW vacations--3 night dreammaker package for child 23,450; same package for junior 29,050; and adult 44,800. In addition you may cash out for dream maker dollars--they would be used to upgrade a package for 12,250 for $100 ( I think these are to add hopper, food, no expiry to existing package). I was hoping to find Universal stuff, but nothing this year!

Sally :wave:

We usually cash out for Bahama Breeze or "gas" cards. With the price of gas, it's nice to have a break on the expense.

Ginny

Thanks for the replies so far. I still haven't decided for sure if we are driving or flying, so that will make a difference I guess. If we fly, I will have no way to get to any of the places outside of Disney, so I guess I would be limited to Rainforest Cafe.

Patsal - that is very interesting about the travel miles section. I am going to check that out. Of course, I don't have nearly that many points but still curious.

theres a couple of things you can do. Ive done them both and they work out great.

The first couple of times I would cashout for the webbie but since Im too cheap to get the plastic card I would print out the account page and take it to TDS and have the CM run the card manually and buy $DD.

Some CM are more accomdating then others Some insist that you have the card. I just wait and go a few days later and get another CM.

ANother way is after we had our ressies made for our trip last OCt I called in and gace them my account # to put on our hotel balance.

This actually works the best and you can use it on or off site. But I dont remember how long though you can just let the money sit in your webbie account. I never let mine sit at all.

I hope this makes sense!!!

If you have any ?'s just let me know!!!

Dznypal - do you mean that you called Disney and applied your webbie against your hotel reservation? I tried looking at the webbies on MyPoints and was just getting confused. The first thing I didn't like was the $6.95 fee for getting the card. So, what you are saying is that you just don't get the card, but basically use your confirmation or whatever you get when you cash out?? I'm so clueless sometimes.

Eeyoreforever,

all I did was print out the page from webcertificate that has the balance and exp. date.

I then called Disney and told them I wanted to make a deposit on my ressie

I gave them my ressie # and the mastercard like # from webcertificate (I hope Im explaining the mc # right you know the 16 digit #)

and the CM applied it to my balance.

It was very easy. I cant see paying the fee for the plastic card sicne I am cheap!!!!

Whats nice to is that you can use it for hotels anywhere if you make the ressie over the phone.

good luck and if you have any other ?s just ask!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter