wannacorona, please help

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha,

We are planning on going to USH on June 11. We heard that Tuesdays are the least crowded. True or not?

But then I heard that Universal won't be on its summer schedule yet and so none of the shows will be open. True?

And which shows do they still have? I know they dumped our favorite, the Monster Revue. Do they still have the Western stunt show? What about the RugRat's show? Animal Planet? Waterworld? And the new Spiderman show?

Do characters walk around during weekdays? Which characters? Any chance we will see any of the montsters? Our DGS is into Universal Monsters big time.

Any info you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Mahalo,
Donna

Donna-

Tuesdays are not as crowded. Western is still there, Animal is there, Monster is Not (sigh), Waterworld rocks!, Rugrats is an up and down situation, (mostly down), Spidey should be in test runs (check at the gate).

As for the walkaround characters, Wanna will have to answer, but from what I know from the folks I know there, The above is correct. I could be very wrong about the rugrats...sorry.

Try here-

www.universalhollywood.com

Hi there Donna,

Well let me start by saying that if you plan to come on a Tues. the park shouldn't be that crowded. The average wait that you should expect at the attractions is about 10-15 minutes. The most croweded day is on a Saturday. I recommend that you come on a Sunday, as it doesn't get to crowded (average wait time 20-25 minutes) and more characters and shows run on the weekends. The shows that are up and running are Waterworld, Animal Planet Live!, Spiderman Rocks (opening May 24), Rugrats only performs on the weekends. The Wild Wild Wild West show has been canceled.

If you come on Tuesday there will be a smaller amount of characters compared to a weekend, but you still might see 1-2 Universal Monsters like Dracula and Frankstein on the weekday.

If you want to come on a weekend but are scare of the wait times, I would recommend that you buy the Directors Pass at a cost of $69pp. This will let you go infront of the line at all the attractions 2 times, perfer seating at all the shows and you can stay after the show to learn the tricks behind the show like Waterworld and Animal Planet. Also you are entitle to a free picture. Plus you also have some other small perks. Also as you are comming on June 11, you will be able to take advantage of the "buy a day get a year free" promotion which ends June 16 with the purchase of a Directors Pass or a regular priced ticket.

Also all of the attractions should be running as there is no refurbishment schedule for June.

Just remember to bring lots of sunscreen lotion and hope you enjoy your visit.

Mahalo for your information.

We have decided to change our visit to Universal from Tuesday to Sunday, June 9. I know the kids will want to see the RugRats show and will want to see as many characters as possible. ;)

We already bought our vouchers and it included a VIP Priority Boarding Voucher for our group on the Tram Tour, ET, Backdraft and Back to the Future during the first two hours the park is open. I thought this would be enough, but maybe when we get there I will find out if we could just pay extra to upgrade to a Director's pass. Maybe I will get a discount too since I am also a Fan Club member.

I am so excited. This will be our 6th visit to USH (the first time was over 20 years ago). Although we love USO and have been there 3 times since 1999, USH is so much closer and so costs us less to visit. So we are able to take all three grandkids on this trip and DIL too.

Any other suggestions will be welcome. Where is the best place to eat? And where can we find the most characters?

Aloha,
Donna

Well Notatourist the Wild West show was cancelled to make way for a new show that is in development. Their is talk about having it back for the memorial and the 4th of July weekend, as they brought it back for the Easter weekend. The show was cancelled earlier this year.

Now Donna, the best place to eat depends on what you like. My two favorite spots are Jurassic Cove located next too Jurassic Park and they have great ribs, salads, and burgers. The other spot would be Doc Browns Chicken, which is located across from BTTF. I also would recommend that you go into Citywalk as they have great sit down resturants. Three of my favorite resturants are Tony Roma's where they have some of the best ribs, Buca di Beppo for some good Italian food, and the Hard Rock Cafe. They also have Camachos for Mexican food and Gladstones for some good lobster.

Now for finding the characters the best spot is right across from the Blues Brothers Stage as they enter and leave the park by that area. Also there will be some characters in the Jurassic Park area.

Also the park hours for that day should be from 9am to 7pm, but the Studio Center area where Jurassic Park and E.T. is located they're open from 10am to 6pm.

If you have any other question, go ahead and ask and I'll try to answer them.

Wanna

Wanna-

You ever try Shenghai and Mein....missing their pad thai...

sigh.

Donna-Shenghai is a really good Chinese restaurant there. and good move on the boarding pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter