Waltzing Matilda's 1st trip to DLP - Pre-trip report!!!

Booknut

<font color=green>I couldn't figure out why people
This is my first proper trippie - I started a few over on the WDW board but as they were 14 day trips I never managed to finish one so i'm hoping this one will actually have a start, middle and finish! :rotfl2:

I'll just introduce the cast first:

Me: Eloise, 35, grew up in Canada but have lived in the UK for over 12 years. Feel 100% British, sound 100% American :rotfl: I became a Disney nut in 2005 (seems much longer than that!) when DH made me cancel a safari in Kenya to go to WDW instead. I thought he was nuts, he said I would love it. One of the few times I was wrong and he was right :lmao: He says he's created a 'Dis-bot'. I'm not arguing...

DH: Phil, 43, British but has lived all over the world. Likes Disney a lot but isn't "obsessive about it" (his words, not mine!) Let's me plan Disney holidays to my hearts content and just asks me when he needs to pitch up - the best kind of husband really ;)

DD: Matilda princess: , almost 1, the sweetest little princess daughter anyone could ask for, being with her is like getting to go to Disney every day, she's amazing :cloud9: She will turn 1 when we're at Disney so it will be double special for us :banana:

We're really excited because we've never been to DLP before and also because we're suffering severe withdrawal now...its been over 2 years since we've set foot on any Disney property :scared1:

We also hope our baby girl loves the parks and the characters. At 7 months she could clearly say 'mama' and 'dada', at 8 months she could say 'nana' and 'up' and at 10 months she could say 'Mickey' :rotfl2: You can imagine how proud I was.

Now for the details!!: We're staying 3 nights at the Santa Fe hotel, got a great deal on expedia for around £60 a night (plus quidco of course and a discount code which reduced this to around £54 a night). I'm nuts about finding the best deal on anything so this rate made me very happy :dance3:

We're driving down (with free Eurotunnel thanks to Mr Tesco!) so we don't have to worry about packing too much or even better buying too much ;) DH and I have a bit of a problem with shopping at Disney namely that we can't stop buying. :confused3

I'll be buying just one Dream AP for us to get all the discounts in the shops and restaurants, parking perks etc. DH has 4 1-day park hoppers that a kind friend of ours who is a CM at WDW gave to us for this trip and Matilda of course gets in for free, woo hoo :woohoo:

We've booked Cafe Mickey for lunch on the 27th and the birthday tea party at the Lucky Nugget Saloon on the 28th. I reckon we'll spend the rest of the time eating hot dogs and croque monsieur's!

I haven't come up with any final plans yet although i'm hopeful that the timetable set up at the moment for all the Christmas stuff will be the same the week we are there. I'm really looking forward to seeing Mickey's Winter Wonderland and the snow on Main Street and mostly i'm looking forward to seeing Matilda's reaction to her beloved 'Mickey'!!

Anyway, that's all for now, thanks for reading!

Sounds like a lovely trip! I'm just the same I love hunting for bargain hotel rooms!!

Aww Eloise it sounds wonderful.

Your all going to love DLP and I can't wait to see piccies of your adorable Matilda with mickey.

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Disney is soooo much better with a baby! We took our son who is 18 months old in October and it was the best Disney holiday ever.

My main tip would be to make the best use of EMH for little one. It's amazing how much you can get done in those first two hours!!

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter