Walt's LA home, Chicago birthplace and DL sunrise pic

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I walked by Walt's LA home about 30 minutes ago. As many of you know, it's in the process of being torn down :-(. From what I've read, it's directly across the street from where Walt and Roy lived with their uncle when they first moved to LA. It's also about three blocks east of the first Disney studio, which is now a copy/fax shop.
Disney's LA home.jpg

Also, this is the house in which Walt was born in Chicago. It's about two miles from where I live in Chicago - I took this pic about two years ago. The neighborhood is called Logan Square. The original "Wizard of Oz" story was written in Humboldt Park, which is immediately adjacent LS. Famed children's author Shel Silverstein was also from the 'hood.
Disney home.jpg

Lastly, I took this pic about 18 months ago early one morning at the DL gates. It was obviously very early because there wasn't anyone there yet ;-).
Disney at Sunrise.jpg

Is Walt's Chicago birth house a museum? Or just a regular house where other people live now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter