Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The bed is INCREDIBLE. Literally best hotel bed ever. I want one for home.
This was my husband's request when we bought a home last October and were going to upgrade our queen to a king. We love it but getting it was a huge pain. It was mostly the delivery company but calling Westin customer service was really no help/they didn't care, not even when our mattress was delivered to someone else and we had to wait for a second one.

This was my husband's request when we bought a home last October and were going to upgrade our queen to a king. We love it but getting it was a huge pain. It was mostly the delivery company but calling Westin customer service was really no help/they didn't care, not even when our mattress was delivered to someone else and we had to wait for a second one.
When you got your Heavenly bed, did they remove your old mattress and take it away?

I was never charged a deposit either -- when you called did they charge you? Do you think there will be an issue if I just wait to show up (Thanksgiving)? I have Swan Reserve reservations for Thanksgiving week that I made a LONG time ago, and I think I have steal (less than $300 a night); I'm paranoid they won't honor that rate and don't want to give them an excuse (ie, no deposit, even though they have my valid credit card on file).
It isn't unusual to not be charged a deposit.

Edited to add: If they don't charge one at the time you make your reservation, they sometimes will charge it just before your reservation begins. And sometimes they never charge a deposit at all.

I got a $235 a night Epcot view passholder rate. I paid the deposit over the phone. He did say it was required and I wasn’t taking any chances with that amazing rate.

I was never charged a deposit either -- when you called did they charge you? Do you think there will be an issue if I just wait to show up (Thanksgiving)? I have Swan Reserve reservations for Thanksgiving week that I made a LONG time ago, and I think I have steal (less than $300 a night); I'm paranoid they won't honor that rate and don't want to give them an excuse (ie, no deposit, even though they have my valid credit card on file).
Just wanted to add that I also have my card on file and it was never charged. I noticed an exclamation point in the Bonvoy app stating that deposit was required.

I was in what the room assigner called a "King Deluxe" room this last week and wanted to share some photos for reference (please forgive my stuff here and there - I was moved into this room with less than 15 minutes to get ready for a business dinner so didn't capture it while it was still pristine 😅 )

I was expecting a larger King room with small sofa next to the bed, but instead it has a small living room with a wall (but no doors) dividing the two spaces.

Here's a view of the living area from the door:

And another angle. An important note - this sofa folds out to a bed but it's more along the size of a twin/not quite double and would really only sleep one.

This room has a large closet right by the entrance - as well as a dining table with chairs for four.

There are openings on both sides of the living room lead into the bedroom, which is fairly standard with a king bed, desk, chair, and another dresser.

Here's another angle from the bed towards the living room.

Note that this room had 2 of the standards small fridges - both located in the dressers under the TVs

(Just a comment: There is a long bar area against the wall by the table - but no storage space. This is where the ice bucket and coffee maker are. It would have been a better spot for the fridge IMO, but that's just me.)

Here's the coffee maker - note that I did NOT use this at all as I prefer drip coffee and have a small 5 cup coffee maker.

Off of the bedroom is the bathroom. There is an outer dressing area with sink and a small amount of hanging storage (which you can kind of see in the reflection.

And an additional sink in the other part of the bathroom - which also has the toilet and a shower. I SO much prefer the stall shower to a tub

Hope this helps!

I was in what the room assigner called a "King Deluxe" room this last week and wanted to share some photos for reference (please forgive my stuff here and there - I was moved into this room with less than 15 minutes to get ready for a business dinner so didn't capture it while it was still pristine 😅 )

I was expecting a larger King room with small sofa next to the bed, but instead it has a small living room with a wall (but no doors) dividing the two spaces.

View attachment 615997

And another angle. An important note - this sofa folds out to a bed but it's more along the size of a twin/not quite double and would really only sleep one.

View attachment 615998

This room has a large closet right by the entrance - as well as a dining table with chairs for four.

View attachment 615999

There are openings on both sides of the living room lead into the bedroom, which is fairly standard with a king bed, desk, chair, and another dresser.

View attachment 616000

View attachment 616003

Note that this room had 2 of the standards small fridges - both located in the dressers under the TVs

View attachment 616004

(Just a comment: There is a long bar area against the wall by the table - but no storage space. This is where the ice bucket and coffee maker are. It would have been a better spot for the fridge IMO, but that's just me.)

Here's the coffee maker - note that I did NOT use this at all as I prefer drip coffee and have a small 5 cup coffee maker.

View attachment 616005

Off of the bedroom is the bathroom. There is an outer dressing area with sink and a small amount of hanging storage (which you can kind of see in the reflection.

View attachment 616006

And an additional sink in the other part of the bathroom - which also has the toilet and a shower. I SO much prefer the stall shower to a tub

View attachment 616007

View attachment 616008

Hope this helps!
So glad you took pictures. We were in one of those rooms in Sept. (son his SO and their baby and myself) but I didn't have time to take pictures before everyone got in and messed the place up. I slept on the pull out and was surprised at how comfortable it was. I took an air mattress to put on top and ended up not using it. The mattress was firm but I didn't feel any bars like you usually do with pull outs. I actually woke up with no back pain, which I usually have on a regular bed mattress except for our Purple brand one at home. I was a little put off by having to go through the bedroom to get to the only bathroom, would have made more sense to put it in the "living room" area but we made do. I also wish there had been a sink on that coffee counter since going into the bathroom area was a pain. There was plenty of room for 3 adults and a pack and play so we were satisfied. Our room looked out over the walkway between Swan and Dolphin.

So glad you took pictures. We were in one of those rooms in Sept. (son his SO and their baby and myself) but I didn't have time to take pictures before everyone got in and messed the place up. I slept on the pull out and was surprised at how comfortable it was. I took an air mattress to put on top and ended up not using it. The mattress was firm but I didn't feel any bars like you usually do with pull outs. I actually woke up with no back pain, which I usually have on a regular bed mattress except for our Purple brand one at home. I was a little put off by having to go through the bedroom to get to the only bathroom, would have made more sense to put it in the "living room" area but we made do. I also wish there had been a sink on that coffee counter since going into the bathroom area was a pain. There was plenty of room for 3 adults and a pack and play so we were satisfied. Our room looked out over the walkway between Swan and Dolphin.

I will be honest - I sent a quick message to Dan Murphy and asked if there was a repository of photos and he said no but to be sure and shoot the fridge, bathrooms, and coffee maker :D

Like you, loves to dive I would have loved a bathroom entrance from the living area - and/or a sink in the coffee area even though it was just me on this trip. The suites that are similar at the new JW Marriott have a small half bath at the entry way and I find myself using it often as I always have work that needs to be done and I prefer to work on the couch rather than in bed.

This was my view from the room (this is around 7 AM). I absolutely LOVED the room location as it was super close to the West elevators (and I had dinner at Shula's most nights I was there). But I am also assuming they have this rooms in other parts of the hotel, too, so know this isn't a guaranteed view.

View attachment 615997

View attachment 615998

View attachment 615999

View attachment 616000

View attachment 616003

View attachment 616004

View attachment 616005

View attachment 616006

View attachment 616007

View attachment 616008

Hope this helps!
GREAT pictures, TTM!!!! And thanks so much for the bathroom, fridge and coffee maker shots, very helpful with all the questions that come up on them. Excellent!

I
Just wanted to say you can reserve Amare on open table now! If anyone wasn't already aware.

But still no menu as far as I can tell. I was gonna go anyway since its new. Hopefully its actually open in December and there aren't any more surprises
I see it in Open Table, but can’t seem to pull up any availability. Has anyone actually booked a table?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter