Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yeah recent stays at Marriott's have been like this for me - they are really taking advantage of COVID IMO to not clean room every day - and in general the cleanliness is lacking - there needs to be a deeper clean between stays IMO - too many dust bunnies etc... in general at Marriotts

Basically they clean the room every three days for "extended" stays - so for a three night stay dont expect to see anyone. So they did not bring water every day or towels. Not worth asking them as it takes hours for them to show up. So why am I paying a resort fee every day?

Still can't beat the price compared to Disney - especially as life time Titanium.

I used a suite night rewards for an upgrade - what else can you do with these things - they expire at the end of the year and it is rare they work - they are pretty cheap with upgrades these days though - I have always gotten a full suite at check in in the past - was annoying especially considering the hotel was pretty empty - but I was on my own so did not push it.

I got the upgraded room I booked - it has a partial view of the fireworks that they raved about on check-in - nothing special at all - just a preferred king room - 35% or so of the fireworks were blocked by the other wing.

Some small things from my recent stay at the Swan - the halls need a major referb - the carpets are worn to say the least.
The restaurant's are closed early in the week - they really need to make this clear on check-in.

I made the mistake of eating at Shula's on Sunday night on on Monday and Tuesday night almost everything was closed - so no Kimmono's and no Blue Zoo for example. Again why a resort fee for a resort that is mostly closed?

As elite you get a $20 credit for breakfast at the restaurant in the Swan - but its closed early in the week and restaurant in the Dophin would only give me a $10 credit towards their buffet. NDB - front desk fixed it - but its a PITA - and the buffet in the Dolphin is not very good compared to the menu at the Swan.

Also - although it is back now - during my stay there was no extra hours for Disney Deluxe Guests so that was also disappointing - but not the hotels fault.

I probably should have pushed to have the resort fee removed -but I got better things to do with my time.

One other issue - so it is no longer a shared Disney bus for Swan Dolphin - they each have their own bus and its a Mears bus - this goes to the TTC - so you then need the boat or monorail to get to the MK - was not happy with this at all. Simple solution get the bus to from Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. Cant beat this location for HS and Epcot - especially for the price

I wasn’t aware of elite breakfast credits. Anyone know the elite levels and amounts?

What kind of room options are there for needing or wanting two bathrooms. I've seen the alcove room but that's just one bathroom.
But I've put in many dates over the next year and all that comes up are "regular" hotel rooms. I thought I read someone on here awhile back talking about how they liked that they basically had two rooms but only had to pay one resort fee because it was considered one room or maybe one reservation.
I clearly wasn't paying enough attention. LOL
Just trying to check prices VS two rooms at a Mod or two rooms at a value or what I can get at the Swan/Dolphin with more space then one reg. room.
Thanks for any help.

Okay Marriott experts, I will be staying at a Marriott (not near Disney). Any general Marriott advice regarding online check-in? About using your phone as a room key? And to keep this on-topic, is your advice different for people staying at Swan/Dolphin?

What kind of room options are there for needing or wanting two bathrooms. I've seen the alcove room but that's just one bathroom.
But I've put in many dates over the next year and all that comes up are "regular" hotel rooms. I thought I read someone on here awhile back talking about how they liked that they basically had two rooms but only had to pay one resort fee because it was considered one room or maybe one reservation.
I clearly wasn't paying enough attention. LOL
Just trying to check prices VS two rooms at a Mod or two rooms at a value or what I can get at the Swan/Dolphin with more space then one reg. room.
Thanks for any help.

We usually book an executive suite at the Swan when in your situation. It comes with a king size sofa bed in the living/dining room and its own bathroom. It is attached to a standard room with 2 queen beds. You only pay the resort fee on the standard room. Also no additional charge for more than 2 people.

Rarely able to book online...mostly have to make a call to book the Exec Suite.

We usually book an executive suite at the Swan when in your situation. It comes with a king size sofa bed in the living/dining room and its own bathroom. It is attached to a standard room with 2 queen beds. You only pay the resort fee on the standard room. Also no additional charge for more than 2 people.

Rarely able to book online...mostly have to make a call to book the Exec Suite.

Thank you! that explains why I haven't seen this option online. Can you share what prices you've paid for the suite. I know their prices fluctuate all the time but just curious how high to expect.

Hello, just booked our first stay at the Dolphin for May. I usually place an Amazon fresh order when we vacation at Disney, is that something we can do here?

2021 was the most expensive booking for us...even with AAA...for 7 nights end of Oct-Nov it was 4023.
We don't always book this way...think it was 2018 the last time we did...same everything for 3200 with AAA

I’ve looked at that a dozen times but don’t see any mention of dining/breakfast credits. Maybe I need Lasik?
It is the Welcome gift - I think Plat and Titanium get it - by default they give you 1000 points - So you have to ask and its a credit (they give you a card for each day) for every day of you stay instead of the 1000 points

MamaJessie - you can, but unless you meet the driver S/D can't not accept any perishables as they do not have refrigeration space. From their website, Delivery of Packages For Our Guests "Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind." I did text them and confirmed they do not charge a handling fee, but they also reiterated they can not accept any perishables.

MamaJessie - you can, but unless you meet the driver S/D can't not accept any perishables as they do not have refrigeration space. From their website, Delivery of Packages For Our Guests "Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind." I did text them and confirmed they do not charge a handling fee, but they also reiterated they can not accept any perishables.
So I could have a package and/or a non-perishable grocery order delivered the day or two before the way I have at WDW resorts?

So I could have a package and/or a non-perishable grocery order delivered the day or two before the way I have at WDW resorts?
I would have it delivered the day you arrive, not before. But if you want, use the S/D app and send them a text.

Thanks for the info!

Any more news from Late Oct or Early Nov people with Swan reserve bookings? We still havent heard anything about our Nov 4th reservation.

I just booked the swan, directly on Marriott yesterday. Was trying to link it in MDE, but its giving an error can I link it on MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter