• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

For those following Swan Reserve, I checked today and saw room availability seems to be pushed back again? First date available for booking is 9/22 at the bargain basement price of over $1k/night when taxes are included for a most basic level room 😂 Rates drop back to normal 10/1.

Wondering if those means they’re gonna try to open last week of Sept to a small amount of guests and then ramp to full open 10/1 or if Marrriott just hasn’t finished pulling all Sept the inventory from booking or something else entirely…
I hope its all up and running by the Oct 9th..

Hey - can you explain this please? What do you mean by points per day? Isn't it just a lump sum of points based on the final total of your bill? THANKS in advance!!
I’m pretty sure it’s per day. Not positive though and tbh, I don’t pay attention to them that much. I mentioned the resort fee points as a matter of completeness. My goal enough points for two weeks at the John Jacob Astor Estate at the St. Regis Vommuli in the Maldives 😀

I’m pretty sure it’s per day. Not positive though and tbh, I don’t pay attention to them that much. I mentioned the resort fee points as a matter of completeness. My goal enough points for two weeks at the John Jacob Astor Estate at the St. Regis Vommuli in the Maldives 😀

Then I hope you're using the Bonvoy AmEx! There's all kinds of bonus offers right now :D

It's funny - DH prefers to pay for meals separately rather than lump them on the bill - but you don't get points that way

Then I hope you're using the Bonvoy AmEx! There's all kinds of bonus offers right now :D

It's funny - DH prefers to pay for meals separately rather than lump them on the bill - but you don't get points that way
I’m joking about the JJA at the StR Maldives. I don’t think it’s bookable on points and, if it were, I’d stand a better chance of winning the marathon than earning enough points for 2 weeks in it!
To stay on-topic, I DID ask if they ever upgraded to the special suite in the Dolphin (I forget it’s name - it’s the two-story one), and they told me they never upgrade to it because it requires special housekeeping after every stay (apparently it doesn’t get cleaned the way “normal” rooms do). The best I’ve managed is a Governor’s Suite at the Swan.

I’m joking about the JJA at the StR Maldives. I don’t think it’s bookable on points and, if it were, I’d stand a better chance of winning the marathon than earning enough points for 2 weeks in it!
To stay on-topic, I DID ask if they ever upgraded to the special suite in the Dolphin (I forget it’s name - it’s the two-story one), and they told me they never upgrade to it because it requires special housekeeping after every stay (apparently it doesn’t get cleaned the way “normal” rooms do). The best I’ve managed is a Governor’s Suite at the Swan.

I was upgraded to one of those Alcove rooms at the Dolphin on my last trip - but met a friend who was staying in one of those suites with the dining room and large wet bar! I DO love a beautiful and large hotel room - wish they would let you tour them!

Only once have I ever been upgraded to a Presidential Suite - but not at Disney! I was staying over Christmas in DC with my daughter - and the hotel manager upgraded me because I stayed at least a week a month for a solid 18 months at the hotel for work! :rotfl2:

BACK on Topic: with the sheer number of people that must stay at the Dolphin and Swan, I'm sure a fair number of them HAVE status - so while being Titanium is good - and we can hope for an upgrade - I'm am guessing that it's rare.

... with the sheer number of people that must stay at the Dolphin and Swan, I'm sure a fair number of them HAVE status - so while being Titanium is good - and we can hope for an upgrade - I'm am guessing that it's rare.
This is very true, I've heard inside of the US it's one of the most popular vacation destination for Marriott loyalists, it was the same for SPG too. Thus, why the points valuation changed to a level a couple years ago. I think it upset the SPG members the most, as S/D was a great deal on points before Marriott.

I have a friend that's supposed to check in on Sept 1st. I'm almost afraid to ask.... 🤨
Can you tell us if there has been any communication to your friend on the opening delay? I’m guessing the Reserve will “walk” guests to the swan or dolphin in order to honor the reservation. Which is not at all what people who booked are expecting when they book for opening night.

I have a room at the Swan held for March 2022 on points, but the Swan Reserve is available for a comparable amount of points. I’m tempted to wait until the Reserve opens to see some reviews, but of course am risking a points-stay not being available by waiting (especially with the evening hours perk now). My thought of the only con for the Reserve is the extra walking distance to both parks at the end of the day, as well as distance to the pool facilities. Certainly, a new room would be a big pro. (Or are the Swan rooms in good shape?) What would you do?

Can you tell us if there has been any communication to your friend on the opening delay? I’m guessing the Reserve will “walk” guests to the swan or dolphin in order to honor the reservation. Which is not at all what people who booked are expecting when they book for opening night.
If that happens I would hope money back would be on the table. No.wau gonna pay reserve prices and get dolphin room.

Hey guys we just booked the Dolphin for Marathon Weekend and the Swan for Princess Half Marathon Weekend! First time trying these hotels and we are psyched to try something new. We are normally deluxe stayers, with race weekends often at Pop Century, but prices got a little too crazy for us this year, even at Pop. Anyway I'm interested to follow along and learn all about this place!
And now you’ll have a hot tub for a nice post-race soak!! Welcome!!

For those following Swan Reserve, I checked today and saw room availability seems to be pushed back again? First date available for booking is 9/22 at the bargain basement price of over $1k/night when taxes are included for a most basic level room 😂 Rates drop back to normal 10/1.

Wondering if those means they’re gonna try to open last week of Sept to a small amount of guests and then ramp to full open 10/1 or if Marrriott just hasn’t finished pulling all Sept the inventory from booking or something else entirely…
I was told that the Reserve is sold out earlier in September. Ridiculously high room rates supposedly indicate the property almost is sold out.

I have a room at the Swan held for March 2022 on points, but the Swan Reserve is available for a comparable amount of points. I’m tempted to wait until the Reserve opens to see some reviews, but of course am risking a points-stay not being available by waiting (especially with the evening hours perk now). My thought of the only con for the Reserve is the extra walking distance to both parks at the end of the day, as well as distance to the pool facilities. Certainly, a new room would be a big pro. (Or are the Swan rooms in good shape?) What would you do?
For comparable points, I'd stay at the Swan Reserve. Five minutes (if that) additional walking is negligible to me. Also, while the Swan's rooms are in good condition and I happily stay there, you're weighing a 33-year old hotel against one that's brand new.

I talked to her on Wednesday and she hadn't heard anything from them...

I don't see how they can be walked to the Dolphin as the Dolphin is almost sold out for those dates - only $500+ rooms with no rooms available for AP, AAA, or Points. The Swan (at least as of Monday) still had rooms available at an AP rate and for use of points.

It's possible, too, that they are holding rooms in case...

I talked to her on Wednesday and she hadn't heard anything from them...

I don't see how they can be walked to the Dolphin as the Dolphin is almost sold out for those dates - only $500+ rooms with no rooms available for AP, AAA, or Points. The Swan (at least as of Monday) still had rooms available at an AP rate and for use of points.

It's possible, too, that they are holding rooms in case...
I guess it's a bit early for her yet, but lack of communication would bug me. I am definitely concerned with our dates being the last week of Sept and all the MK 50th stuff starting Oct 1. We are using 5 free night certificates received from a promo for opening a Marriott credit card. Really don't want to arrive and have no room, would be OK with being moved to the Swan or Dolphin.

Question about late checkout: I read in the first post that you can pay like $40 to get a late checkout by 2pm. If you are willing to pay for it, can you pretty much rely on that being available to you? Marathon signups are next week and the ability to pay for a late checkout and rely on it would strongly affect my ability to do the marathon on Sunday given that I need to fly home by Sunday night. Otherwise I may just do the half marathon on Saturday.

Anyone staying here now, is FRESH serving their breakfast buffet or how has it changed? This was one of my favorites the last time with their omelette station.

I guess it's a bit early for her yet, but lack of communication would bug me. I am definitely concerned with our dates being the last week of Sept and all the MK 50th stuff starting Oct 1. We are using 5 free night certificates received from a promo for opening a Marriott credit card. Really don't want to arrive and have no room, would be OK with being moved to the Swan or Dolphin.
Well if they are indeed going to open on time then there would be nothing to communicate. Maybe they’re phase opening X amount of rooms throughout the month? I’m toward the end of Sept so definitely have my eye on it too 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter