• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a really stupid question and I looked on the first page that has all the S/D info and didn't see this addressed.

Can I use Disney gift cards to pay for my Dolphin resort stay? Restaurants?

if you book a package through Disney you can use Disney gift cards to pay.
I don’t know if you can only pay for the park ticket portion or if you can pay the whole thing though.
I booked 2 rooms with tickets and used a gift card for the deposits. Then I used GCs to pay some of my balance for my upcoming trip.

We booked a last-minute trip for next week at the Dolphin through Hotels.com. I was able to link to MDE after calling the Dolphin this morning. I don't see a way to do online check-in. Is that not a thing at the Dolphin?

We are arriving around lunchtime. What is the chance that our room will be ready early? We would love to be able to have a room to rest in for a few hours before dinner since we are getting up super early for our flights. TIA!
I do it through the BonVoy app. I always request early check in when I book and then I get an email a day or two before arrival date to check in on line. Again, I ask for early check in then. I usually get there between 1 and 3. I'm guessing for over 15 stays, I'm probably 60% at having the room ready when I get there. I don't ask for any other preferences, just early check in since I really don't care about view or location and I always just get a standard room.

Are passholder rates out for next year for the Dolphin? I wasn’t sure if they were out in advance or if they are released gradually like Disney Resorts are.

Just back from staying at the Dolphin this weekend and I have a few thoughts to share...

1. Overall, we had a wonderful time. Being back on Swalphin property really brought the magic back for me.
  2. Dinner at Shulas was fantastic as always.
  3. The pool bar is one of the best around. Great staff and great food.
  4. There were a few dance groups who had competitions there and we didn't notice any issues with noise etc.
  5. Having been back to the Swalphin 4 times now since March, I still notice a few maintenance issues (particularly the Men's room at the Pool on the side of Cabanas). The same sinks were broken and missing soap dispensers and there was quite a water leak/issue that flooded a good part of the floor. While these are minor, I still believe these should be taken care of in a reasonable amount of time.
  6. We did not have any washcloths in our room upon arrival however, with a short text to the front desk we received them within 15 minutes which was great.
  7. The room was very clean and there were no issues with the room (which BTW was ready upon arrival around 8am which was great!)
I also used Florida Towncar Service for the first time and as may of you pointed out...Tony is great! I highly recommend booking him for your airport transfer needs.

It was great to see so many people out and enjoying life again. It was truly a heartwarming sight.

I will be returning in a couple of weeks for my Birthday and will report back then as well.

@hedberg1661 you mention Florida Towncar Service and Tony is that as in Tony Hinds? or another Tony?

Thanks for the update, glad you had another great trip! How was construction around the pool? Did you happen to notice the rental desk was gone or more like a temporary closure?

Hey all- crashing from the shades of green page.

I wish disney would update this page:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

both sawn/dolphin and SOG confined on their ends they were included in the evening hours but Disney hasn’t confirmed it…
Things are very messed up here. Earlier iterations of this page listed more Disney resorts and a variety of non-Disney resorts, including the 4S, WA, and Hilton(s). This new iteration lists fewer Disney resorts and no non-Disney properties. Additionally, there was press reporting the SDSr were going to be added to the list. Finally, in the past, AP used to get additional hours access as well, but it doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. At the rate things are going, I wonder if AP will continue to get magnets? 🙄

Hello, everyone! Longtime reader here, first time poster! I'm a Marriott Titanium Elite member and will be staying at the Swan Reserve for the 50th. I'm wondering if anyone with Bonvoy status can tell me the perks the S/D are giving at the moment. I've stayed in years past at S/D but am not sure I've seen on this thread the impact of perks to status holders.

Free breakfast? If so, what is the situation?

I've put in for a room upgrade with my certificates, but am already in a suite overlooking Epcot so only hoping for an even higher tier room if that works out.

Anything else? I appreciate you all!

@hedberg1661 you mention Florida Towncar Service and Tony is that as in Tony Hinds? or another Tony?

Thanks for the update, glad you had another great trip! How was construction around the pool? Did you happen to notice the rental desk was gone or more like a temporary closure?
Different Tony I believe but frankly, I don't know his last name.

The construction around the pool was negligible for us. The rental desk (I assume you mean the cabana with pool towels and such) was operating normally.

Hello, everyone! Longtime reader here, first time poster! I'm a Marriott Titanium Elite member and will be staying at the Swan Reserve for the 50th. I'm wondering if anyone with Bonvoy status can tell me the perks the S/D are giving at the moment. I've stayed in years past at S/D but am not sure I've seen on this thread the impact of perks to status holders.

Free breakfast? If so, what is the situation?

I've put in for a room upgrade with my certificates, but am already in a suite overlooking Epcot so only hoping for an even higher tier room if that works out.

Anything else? I appreciate you all!

DH is Titanium. Last stay at Swan, we were not upgraded at all (really didn’t even get a high floor, which he had asked for). We were issued breakfast coupons that could be used at Java or Fuel or other SD restaurants, one for each day (and they were dated).

We only used ours at Java—each of us got juice or coffee, a bread/pastry item, and a choice of overnight oats, yogurt parfait, or fruit salad. We weren’t restricted to using the coupons in the morning. But we didn’t try using them for anything other than what was listed on them and didn’t try using them on days other than their dates, so I don’t know how that would go.

DH is Titanium. Last stay at Swan, we were not upgraded at all (really didn’t even get a high floor, which he had asked for). We were issued breakfast coupons that could be used at Java or Fuel or other SD restaurants, one for each day (and they were dated).

We only used ours at Java—each of us got juice or coffee, a bread/pastry item, and a choice of overnight oats, yogurt parfait, or fruit salad. We weren’t restricted to using the coupons in the morning. But we didn’t try using them for anything other than what was listed on them and didn’t try using them on days other than their dates, so I don’t know how that would go.

Thank you! I'm less concerned about a room upgrade since I've already booked into a suite. But the breakfast options will be helpful before I brave the crowds at MK on October 1 and Epcot on October 2.

I still love the mornings at Garden Grove with the free character breakfast, though! I hope they bring that back eventually. It makes all my work travel more bearable when I get the little perks on vacations, especially at Disney World.

@hedberg1661 thanks! For rental I was thinking about car rentals, I have't found any info on if it's gone for good or still waiting till things are more normal.

Quick question. Can a Disney AP be used at thr S/D and if so do you have to book through the Disney website. I'm generally someone who stays at POP because I go often but this time I found Swan less expensive and I'm wondering if that is going to be my new go too.
I booked on the website myself using the AP code

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but, can you rent a cabana for 1/2 day or does it have to be all day...TIA

@ulcards99 I used the SD AP Rate for Mid-January 2022 and it worked, same dates for AAA were $5/night higher. Do keep in mind that S/D uses a flexible calendar so as room rates increase so do prices.
I booked on the website myself using the AP code
Thanks guys I just re-booked for the AP rate! I got basically the same price for both my stays but with a balcony vs with a "standard view". Also erm did anybody try calling the phone number on the website that link went to? It was sketchy as heck and definitely not a Marriott or S&D number. I called just to get clarification on something to do with the rooms I booked online and the guy asked me for the credit card number I booked the room with!
Edited to say forget what I said about the phone number. My dumb mistake not the website.

Last edited:
Oof now I see what I did: I called 1-800 and the numbers instead of 1-888 then the numbers! I swear I looked at it 10 times and did not see that mistake! Oh well at least I did not give the guy my cc number. My bad :blush:
What am I missing? You said you called 800 rather than 888. But the numbers Steve linked to are 407 numbers.

What am I missing? You said you called 800 rather than 888. But the numbers Steve linked to are 407 numbers.
Different numbers that were on the swandolphin.com website that was linked in a previous message. Sorry for the confusion it was totally my mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter