Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I've got a free night certificate from the Bonvoy CC, does anyone know if I should call Marriott or The Swan directly to try and use it. I couldn't figure it out online
If I am not mistaken, the free night for the AMEX/Bonvoy CC is good for up to 35,000 points per night hotel. The S/D, I think, run from 36K-60K depending on peak or not.

If incorrect, I will be corrected.

If I am not mistaken, the free night for the AMEX/Bonvoy CC is good for up to 35,000 points per night hotel. The S/D, I think, run from 36K-60K depending on peak or not.

If incorrect, I will be corrected.
Yeah, I'm not sure about the actual numbers but I know that the points required at the Swan And Dolphin were too high for me to be able to use my Bonvoy free night certificate.

It should be loaded into your Bonvoy account, and when you get to the final page of your booking you'll see the option to use it or Points. Make sure it's a Points booking first.

It's not the points were more than I wanted to spend and I got a good cash rate, I was just hoping to offset one night with the cert

I’m new to the swan and dolphin but very excited to stay here. Can I use a Disney gift card at the spa or any of the restaurants?

My sister and I have a trip planned in early May at ASMovies but I’ve since started looking at the Swan/Dolphin. I know we will love being able to walk to Epcot and HS. Only problem is I can’t decide which one to book! The Dolphin is about $200 less than Swan for the week but is there enough difference in the 2 that makes it worth it to pay more? I know the double vs. queen beds but that doesn’t matter to us. Someone please help me make a decision lol
Dolphin is more in line with what you would expect at a Disney Resort - giant lobby, lots of activity, very big complex. The Swan is more along the lines of what you would expect from a spa resort - more intimate, quiet, low key. I much prefer the solitude of the Swan over the chaos of Dolphin. I think it is also slightly closer to the Boardwalk/HS (depending on your room location).

@pix13dust we've stayed at both. Sort of depends on who's in your party I guess. Last trip for us we stayed at the Swan and really enjoyed how quiet it was. We ate breakfast almost everyday over at Picabu, didn't mind the walk over at all. Right now Picabu is closed but plenty of other options. A couple pluses to the Swan are they have Queen beds vs Doubles and the Swan has 2 sinks; one in with the shower/toilet area the other by the closet. That was helpful for us. We ended up with a corner room so we had 2 banks of windows so the room was very bright, no balcony but we did like leaving the blinds open to the soft glow of the Disney lights. We were located along the canal overlooking the backside of Boardwalk.

Thank you! That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure.
Watching YouTube videos right now to try and decide- Swan or Dolphin? Hard to choose.

I prefer the Swan. As others have said, the two Queen beds and the sink situation make it more attractive to me. I like that it is smaller to navigate. The lobby is much larger at Dolphin. We went over to the Dolphin to eat some meals and to do laundry. The bus pick up is very easy but we never really took the buses on our last trip. We just walked to Hollywood Studios and Epcot multiple times or took the boat (I had a stroller with me so this was just easier).

Thanks for the opinions! I’m bringing my daughter and her bestie! They’re graduating HighSchool in June, worst junior and senior year ever. This is sort of a conciliation prize. There will be 3 of us. The girls are super excited to be able to walk to HS and Epcot. We’re going 7/6-7/12. The girls were leaning towards the Dolphin because we can request a rollaway bed. Other than the sleeping situation, they seem open to either resort.

What number do I use to link to ME. My next question is does it even matter if resorts linked if I have tickets and park reservations?

The Dophin might be better for teens. Dolphin is more 'vibrant', active I would say. Even though I am a Swan fan.

spelling
This made me laugh out loud, in a good way 😄. You’re so right that the Dolphin should probably appeal more to a teenager. But on the last three trips my teen nephew has stayed with me at the Swan. So for next time I suggested the Dolphin, or Beach Club, or anywhere else. He immediately looked shocked and said no because “the Swan is our place.” I love that kid (and he’s learned well 😉).

One trip was me and my 2 kids, and we were in a King room so I got a rollaway for the one who was a kicker at night, and the other slept with me. My friend was a few doors down with her 4 kids (all our kids were pretty young that trip) at the Dolphin. Rooms with 2 doubles at the Dolphin can accommodate a rollaway bed, so she slept in the rollaway and said it was comfortable. Back then they didn’t charge for them, but now I see they do charge a bit extra. So if you’re at the Dolphin, you can fit a rollaway bed in the room with 2 doubles (the Swan cannot as they have queen beds and say no rollaways allowed in those rooms).

There are alcove rooms that have 2 doubles and a sofa sleeper at the Dolphin I believe (never stayed in one of those), which cost a bit more but would have more space for sure. I’d go on their website and compare all room types to see what might work.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I’ll go check out the alcove rooms 😊👍

Thank you! That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure.
Watching YouTube videos right now to try and decide- Swan or Dolphin? Hard to choose.
I love them both. Pre covid I'd choose Dolphin, I like the restaurants etc right in the building- but on my next trip I plan to stay at Swan,as I like the smaller hotel, easier to use stairs vs eleveators etc. (just how I roll now) They're both lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter