Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Long shot. But has anyone stayed in room 14064? Or where it's located? I got my room number but don't check in until Wednesday and am excited to see it!

Hmm. I booked 2 doubles..... Why did I get a king? Guess I gotta talk to them at check in.... Thanks though

Anyone know when the Dolphin renovations are due to start/end? Going in Nov and hoping for a renovated room.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We are headed to the Swan next week. I've been getting some great info here (thanks!) and for the first time have a question I can't find the answer to.
I've seen conflicting info on refillable mugs. Are there now separate hot/cold mugs? I read somewhere that you can buy a coffee only mug for the Jave cafe at the Swan. Is the correct?
Thanks!

I have a question that might have been answered somewhere here before....but I can't find it..... say I book a room res.,then later on I get some starwood points I can use- can I call and apply those points to my room res,to reduce my cost? Or would I have to toally cancel and rebook? thanks....

I have a question that might have been answered somewhere here before....but I can't find it..... say I book a room res.,then later on I get some starwood points I can use- can I call and apply those points to my room res,to reduce my cost? Or would I have to toally cancel and rebook? thanks....

Officially, there has to be room availability for them to cancel and re-book the same room category. However, for practical purposes, I have booked reservations ahead of time then was able to "convert" it over to points. I think it depends on the person on the phone and how crowded the resort is at the time.

I would book with you want now, since I really can't seeing any negatives except the deposit.

here's another oddball.... I went online today to look at my hopeful dates, I was thinking of staying 7-8 days, when I input the dates, they came up available, but when I input a shorter stay (within the same time frame) of 4-5 days, it came up as not available....any ideas why?

here's another oddball.... I went online today to look at my hopeful dates, I was thinking of staying 7-8 days, when I input the dates, they came up available, but when I input a shorter stay (within the same time frame) of 4-5 days, it came up as not available....any ideas why?

I don't know the reasons why but I have run into this phenomenon quite often at the WDW resorts and other resorts across the US. When this happens, I always book the longer stay then call later and cancel the days I don't want.

Are there any particularly good spots to watch Illuminations from the Swan and Dolphin (lounges, etc)? Looking forward to our stay!

Are there any particularly good spots to watch Illuminations from the Swan and Dolphin (lounges, etc)? Looking forward to our stay!
Not really. If you have a room on the upper floors, facing Epcot, you will see the higher shot fireworks, but that's about it. You will hear, and feel, the louder high up shells that are fired.

I wanted to stay at the Dolphin for a week, but they did not show availability for the full time I was going. So I booked what was available and remaining days at the Poly. I happen to look last night, and those previously unavailable dates are now available! I then booked those dates and cancelled my Poly reservation. I called the resort, and they were kind enough to link my 2 reservations so I don't have to move rooms. WOOHOO! The reason I didn't cancel and start all over was because I originally booked $179 non-refunded rate. Now I have extra $ to rent a car!

That website is amazing!!! thanks for posting that!!!!! Although, room views can be interesting at the Dolphin,as we discovered..... We had to add on a couple of extra days due to snow, and moved to a room with a 'bum view' (we didn't mind) which in daytime looked over a garage entry and some dumpsters, but at night we had a distant but lovely view of fireworks over MK which transformed the view into nightly magic! So you never know.....

Long shot. But has anyone stayed in room 14064? Or where it's located? I got my room number but don't check in until Wednesday and am excited to see it!
How did you get a room number ahead of time? is this new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter