Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How old are the pictures? Both resorts have very recently (really just finished about a year or so ago) total $140,000,000 refurbishment. All rooms, lobbies, checkin, everything.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...s-bz-disney-dolphin-rooms-20170927-story.html

The article was written in 2017, and stated that the renovations were done over a three year period; which, potentially, pushes some back to 2014.

This helps explain, a bit, the condition of the room we had (the bathroom... not so much, it really needs a proper repair). It was def tired. Maybe it was one of the older renovations.

I'm not trying to knock the resort, I enjoyed it... I just have a hard time giving it my full endorsement.

I'm not trying to knock the resort, I enjoyed it... I just have a hard time giving it my full endorsement.
I can understand that. I really have enjoyed our stays over the years at S/D but it's not perfect, then again neither is Disney. Based on the apparent high demand and use the rooms could use an update, but then again I read similar complaints about Disney rooms when people are honest. Would be hard to beat a brand new hotel room, but S/D location and need to only use bus transportation for 2 resorts is a huge draw. When I can get a good deal on S/D it's all more appealing but for rack rate rooms I would agree with you. There are some minor gripes, like the service charge at Picabu and the resort fee that still make it hard to get 100% S/D but if you get a great deal on a room (or on points) those things are a lot easier to swallow.

I can understand that. I really have enjoyed our stays over the years at S/D but it's not perfect, then again neither is Disney. Based on the apparent high demand and use the rooms could use an update, but then again I read similar complaints about Disney rooms when people are honest. Would be hard to beat a brand new hotel room, but S/D location and need to only use bus transportation for 2 resorts is a huge draw. When I can get a good deal on S/D it's all more appealing but for rack rate rooms I would agree with you. There are some minor gripes, like the service charge at Picabu and the resort fee that still make it hard to get 100% S/D but if you get a great deal on a room (or on points) those things are a lot easier to swallow.

Agreed, 100%.

Never, ever, ever again! Noisy convention groups in the hallways at all hours- I don’t get this anywhere. They had a 5k race put on by a medical group and the hotel really didnt think about any other hotel guests. Noisy at 6am and people were run over by many of the faster runners as they walked to HS for early opening.
Also a resort fee for absolutely nothing special if you are a Bonvoy member anyway. Charged us for valet instead of self parking- check your bills.
I will stay outside the resort before I go here again.

Never, ever, ever again! Noisy convention groups in the hallways at all hours- I don’t get this anywhere. They had a 5k race put on by a medical group and the hotel really didnt think about any other hotel guests. Noisy at 6am and people were run over by many of the faster runners as they walked to HS for early opening.
Also a resort fee for absolutely nothing special if you are a Bonvoy member anyway. Charged us for valet instead of self parking- check your bills.
Welcome home, tr. Thanks for the review.

I've stayed at both, and I prefer the Dolphin because I know what rooms to stay in for our family's needs.
Swan seems a bit more "chill," and smaller to navigate around, but Dolphin's pretty simple once you walk around a few times.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either, one bit.

I'd assume the bathroom and bed cfg is one of the reasons why Swan is usually pricier.
BTW - I'd never stay in a room with 2 dbls at Dolphin, only a King and a sleeper.

I would suggest calling and asking for the person I spoke with at the hotel. Don’t ask for the front desk or reservations because they will probably send you to the call center.

edit: I had put in her name but I edited it to remove it so she wasn’t called for everyone’s issues! PM me for her name!

I had the same issue. I called Swan directly, they fixed it, and it subsequently showed back up. I just checked and the extra person fee for my daughter is gone!

I checked my dates (11/29 through 12/3) for my upcoming trip at the Dolphin the cost dropped to 140,000 points from 150,000 points I never like to cancel once it's linked to the Disney account so I was able to call the Bonvoy number and they were able to refund 10,000 points to my account. It was surprisingly quick and easy!

I just checked my reservation for 11/24-11/29. I did not have to rebook and cancel the original reservation. My points were automatically adjusted for the new tiers. It went from a 200,000 point stay to 170,000. I'll take it!!

I've stayed at both, and I prefer the Dolphin because I know what rooms to stay in for our family's needs.
Swan seems a bit more "chill," and smaller to navigate around, but Dolphin's pretty simple once you walk around a few times.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either, one bit.

I'd assume the bathroom and bed cfg is one of the reasons why Swan is usually pricier.
BTW - I'd never stay in a room with 2 dbls at Dolphin, only a King and a sleeper.

How comfortable is that sleeper? My nephew really wants an alcove room at Swan and is volunteering for the sleeper sofa but I’m wondering if it’s going to be comfortable enough for nine nights.

How comfortable is that sleeper? My nephew really wants an alcove room at Swan and is volunteering for the sleeper sofa but I’m wondering if it’s going to be comfortable enough for nine nights.

I pay for the trips, so I don't know.
My 9 yr old loved it. I flopped down on it once for about 10 minutes, and didn't feel the metal cross bar. If I'm footing the bill in Wallyworld, I don't sleep on a couch. Especially if there's a Heavenly bed a few feet away.

My teenager loves the alcove sleeper sofa. No complaints at all.

we have had zero problems with the sleeper sofa.

Reactions: CJN

Oh yeah, had that I think last year. Our room overlooked the path that they were running. Lots of horns and noise.

I pay for the trips, so I don't know.
My 9 yr old loved it. I flopped down on it once for about 10 minutes, and didn't feel the metal cross bar. If I'm footing the bill in Wallyworld, I don't sleep on a couch. Especially if there's a Heavenly bed a few feet away.

😂😂😂 AMEN 😂😂😂
It’s sweet she ask. Seriously. Not making fun. Just loved your approach.

I’m hard core. I’m like you’re in Disney. For free. The floor feels good. 😂😂😂😂

Noisy convention groups in the hallways at all hours- I don’t get this anywhere. They had a 5k race put on by a medical group and the hotel really didnt think about any other hotel guests.
Were you staying in S or D? Between your report and the report about the pool area being closed for a group I must say both would really chap my hide too.

Are there typically bounceback offers in the rooms at Swan and Dolphin?
No, keep in mind these are not Disney properties. I've never heard of them doing any real true "deals" to book ahead.

We were in the Dolphin, but the Swan pool was closed for an event and one Dolphin pool closed for renovations. I will say the pool wasn’t crowded last week.
Remember these hotels are part of Bonvoy-I used points. This is where my complaint has continued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter