Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

This may be a stupid question, but does the tv's at the Swan have the WDW Today channel where they show the parks time and play the Disney music? I believe they have the channel that shows all the rides and everything, but just wondering about the WDW Today channel.

TIA!

Do Swolphin Value Days coincide with lower Marriott point values? I'm being lazy and don't want to cross reference :) Also, can the activities desk at Dolphin help with upgrading tickets to APs?

I booked our stay at the Dolphin (YAY!) through PL a few days ago. I read that to add DD to our room I should contact Disney Wholesale and that I should add her before linking our res on DME. Is this the right order? Would the wholesale dept at Disney be able to see the res if it is not attached to DME? I also have tried to pull up our res on the swandolphin site and it is not found. It just tells me that if I booked through a 3rd party to contact them for any changes.

In order from Disney Ron ...

1. I don't recall seeing any Disney channels on the TV.
2. I don't think there will be any more 'value' days points-wise at the S/D. The base rate is 50K/night and sometimes it will be higher.
3. I have no idea about priceline, but you should have your guests straightened out before linking the reservation in MDE because it will ask you to assign the guests as part of the process.
4. I don't know for sure but since they can sell you a magic band they might be able to give you a non-magic band ticket.

In order from Disney Ron ...

1. I don't recall seeing any Disney channels on the TV.
2. I don't think there will be any more 'value' days points-wise at the S/D. The base rate is 50K/night and sometimes it will be higher.
3. I have no idea about priceline, but you should have your guests straightened out before linking the reservation in MDE because it will ask you to assign the guests as part of the process.
4. I don't know for sure but since they can sell you a magic band they might be able to give you a non-magic band ticket.

Thank you, jenny.

I booked our stay at the Dolphin (YAY!) through PL a few days ago. I read that to add DD to our room I should contact Disney Wholesale and that I should add her before linking our res on DME. Is this the right order? Would the wholesale dept at Disney be able to see the res if it is not attached to DME? I also have tried to pull up our res on the swandolphin site and it is not found. It just tells me that if I booked through a 3rd party to contact them for any changes.
Contact Dolphin direct, ask for in-house reservations and ask them to assist you. Call the 407.934.4000 not the toll free as that will land you in the Marriott call center Your reservation is with S/D not Disney, so they need to release your info to Disney. Priceline makes it complicated but that can either help you or tell you who to call.

You do want to have everyone added but I don't know if an order of adding them to your MDE app matters.

Priceline Express Deals shows Swan (they don't tell you it is the Swan but from the fees and other clues you can tell it is) for $236 a night - total with taxes and fees would be $2432. The Dolphin is $225 a night total would be $2334. There is a code for Priceline on RetailMeNot for 8% discount.

Contact Dolphin direct, ask for in-house reservations and ask them to assist you. Call the 407.934.4000 not the toll free as that will land you in the Marriott call center Your reservation is with S/D not Disney, so they need to release your info to Disney. Priceline makes it complicated but that can either help you or tell you who to call.

You do want to have everyone added but I don't know if an order of adding them to your MDE app matters.
Thanks so much, I'll give them a call. I had read that some had trouble adding people to their res when they called the hotel directly. I work FD at a hotel and we cannot add/change anything (not even a misspelling) to 3rd party bookings or it makes a mess of the payment.

Really kind of crummy stay at Dolphin this week. Just minor things independently except for my dresser covered in ants this morning. Didn’t realize it until I started putting items in my suitcase which now has ants crawling through my stuff. I’m going to have to wash everything when I get to Coronado Springs later.

There was no internet signal in my first room on the 2nd floor east wing and the internet TV paused/froze literally every 30 seconds. I timed it. Also; I received a message from my phone’s security app that there had been a “direct attack” to decrypt the files on my phone from the swan:dolphin. I repacked and moved to a 5th floor room. The internet TV had the same issues all week so it appears to be a systemic issue not just limited to the lower floors. No bath soap or body wash in the shower in the second room and when I called, they sent someone with one and not the other so they had to come back again. I had a corner king deluxe (the ones with the green balcony) but for some reason the balcony “rained” water every day and you couldn’t sit out there at all. It was weird.

Anyway, I did email Scott at the front desk about the internet issues and the attack on my phone, per the agent moving me to my new room, but I received no reply.

The pluses were the new bath products and the free titanium continental breakfast every morning in Garden Grove.

Really kind of crummy stay at Dolphin this week. Just minor things independently except for my dresser covered in ants this morning. Didn’t realize it until I started putting items in my suitcase which now has ants crawling through my stuff. I’m going to have to wash everything when I get to Coronado Springs later.

There was no internet signal in my first room on the 2nd floor east wing and the internet TV paused/froze literally every 30 seconds. I timed it. Also; I received a message from my phone’s security app that there had been a “direct attack” to decrypt the files on my phone from the swan:dolphin. I repacked and moved to a 5th floor room. The internet TV had the same issues all week so it appears to be a systemic issue not just limited to the lower floors. No bath soap or body wash in the shower in the second room and when I called, they sent someone with one and not the other so they had to come back again. I had a corner king deluxe (the ones with the green balcony) but for some reason the balcony “rained” water every day and you couldn’t sit out there at all. It was weird.

Anyway, I did email Scott at the front desk about the internet issues and the attack on my phone, per the agent moving me to my new room, but I received no reply.

The pluses were the new bath products and the free titanium continental breakfast every morning in Garden Grove.
The ants issue seems to be a big deal there. I had a similar issue in our coffee maker in March and I have seen several posts about ants on here as well. I am sorry to hear your stay was not so swell. I just got back from a few nights there and it was wonderful.

The ants issue seems to be a big deal there. I had a similar issue in our coffee maker in March and I have seen several posts about ants on here as well. I am sorry to hear your stay was not so swell. I just got back from a few nights there and it was wonderful.

I think you’re right on that. I passed a table with an insecticide looking sprayer sitting on a table when I left my first room on the 2nd floor. I thought “Yuck. I’m glad that I’m moving.” They must be all throughout the wing if they spontaneously popped up on floor 5.

I think you’re right on that. I passed a table with an insecticide looking sprayer sitting on a table when I left my first room on the 2nd floor. I thought “Yuck. I’m glad that I’m moving.” They must be all throughout the wing if they spontaneously popped up on floor 5.
Yeah...it's one of those Florida annoyances but I have never had this issue at a Disney owned resort so it makes me wonder too. Either way, I still love the Swalphin and won't hesitate to stay there again...and again...and again.

There was no internet signal in my first room on the 2nd floor east wing and the internet TV paused/froze literally every 30 seconds. I timed it. Also; I received a message from my phone’s security app that there had been a “direct attack” to decrypt the files on my phone from the swan:dolphin. I repacked and moved to a 5th floor room. The internet TV had the same issues all week so it appears to be a systemic issue not just limited to the lower floors.
The pause/freeze and no coverage sounds like an issue with the fiber or their network, did that go on the whole time?

As for your phone, assume you're using an Android? We're you on Wifi? I'm reaching here, but it sounds like they could have been under attack system wide.

One suggestion I tell my family is to disconnect from the WiFi when you are not using it and always at night. This is one reason I have a large data plan and rarely connect my phone to a public WiFi.

Sorry your stay was disappointing.

The pause/freeze and no coverage sounds like an issue with the fiber or their network, did that go on the whole time?

As for your phone, assume you're using an Android? We're you on Wifi? I'm reaching here, but it sounds like they could have been under attack system wide.

One suggestion I tell my family is to disconnect from the WiFi when you are not using it and always at night. This is one reason I have a large data plan and rarely connect my phone to a public WiFi.

Sorry your stay was disappointing.
Yes. The TV issue happened the whole time with the exception of about an hour around 6 in the morning on 2 occasions.

I was on WiFi on an iPhone.

I had an ant problem last year at the Swan. As I was sitting on one bed, making a phone call, I happened to glance over at the other bed, which was not used. I noticed a few specks on the white bed linens; then, the specks started to move!

After reporting it to the front desk, I was given some Starwood points, as an accommodation. Later that day, I received a phone message from a housekeeping manager, who apologized and wanted to assure me the problem was taken care of. By then, however, I had already checked out and was over at a Disney resort.

I must admit that the ant experience happened only once, and not during any of my many other stays at the Swan, over the years.

Stayed at the Dolphin July 2-5. Second stay at the Dolphin, and have stayed at the Swan twice. For some reason neither resort can get the No Feather Products due to allergies thing right. It was made as a request for all trips, and has yet to be met to my satisfaction. I'm allergic. This trip they told us the feather free room wasn't ready, but they would give us a different room and come right up to pull the down items. And they never showed. I just switched pillows with my niece who isn't allergic, but had to check them every day after maid service. She kept moving the pillows. Also, the front desk wasn't sure exactly what in the room contained feathers.:headache:

Also, more odd than anything, but the maid also moved our toothbrushes around. As in, switched them out of the plastic cups we had and put them in the glass ones. And moved where they were located. The idea of the same hands that are using cleaning products and wiping down toilets moving our toothbrushes from one glass to another creeps me out a bit. Maybe I'm fussy, but why??? :confused: Of course that same day they didn't put any toilet paper on the empty roll. Had time to play with toothbrushes but not to give us toilet paper. Just odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter