• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! I'm thinking about staying at the S/D next summer. I've just finished reading through about the last 100 pages and I'm afraid I may have gotten something mixed up...I remember a few posts about booking a room with points and then upgrading to a Deluxe Alcove with connecting double for about $200 per night, but I can't remember if this was pre or post merger. Does anyone know if this is still a thing? And if so, did you book one room and then upgrade or two? Planning to travel with two teens as a graduation present and want them to have their own space!

Also, has anyone stayed here with Ambassador Elite status? I'm wondering how much help your Ambassador was able to provide?

Thanks for all the great posts - so much information!!

Book one room on points and then call the hotel directly to upgrade.

We're lifetime titanium but will hit ambassador later this year. Please report back on how helpful your ambassador is. We miss the ease of the old platinum line and are hoping the ambassador status is an improvement.

I feel redeemed compared to that one view we had. My app says this is resort View. We are just over the front drive of the aw on the highest floor. To the right you can see ToT, RnR, Card blog, SWGE rocks, Fantasmic lighting. To the left you can see BW, the back of World Showcase/ some pavillion roofs, and farther out the Cirque bldg roof and the baloon at DS.

This was a third party booking but they asked for my Marriott number and noted I was platinum so they upgraded the room and offered points or breakfast voucher.

View attachment 410805

View attachment 410806

I feel redeemed compared to that one view we had. My app says this is resort View. We are just over the front drive of the aw on the highest floor. To the right you can see ToT, RnR, Card blog, SWGE rocks, Fantasmic lighting. To the left you can see BW, the back of World Showcase/ some pavillion roofs, and farther out the Cirque bldg roof and the baloon at DS.

This was a third party booking but they asked for my Marriott number and noted I was platinum so they upgraded the room and offered points or breakfast voucher.

View attachment 410805

View attachment 410806
Sounds like a great room, Alyssa, great views, nice upgrade. And points/voucher too!!!

Book one room on points and then call the hotel directly to upgrade.

We're lifetime titanium but will hit ambassador later this year. Please report back on how helpful your ambassador is. We miss the ease of the old platinum line and are hoping the ambassador status is an improvement.

I don't know anything about the old program, so I can't really compare it, but I can tell you that we love our ambassador! She really makes us feel pampered:-) She communicates with each hotel we are booked in prior to our arrival and makes sure they know exactly what we need in a room and also our special preferences. For example, Marriott is a Pepsi brand hotel, but my DH is a Diet Coke drinker. His hotel room always comes stocked with Diet Cokes. We usually end up with bottles of wine and fruit and cheese or dessert trays. If we're travelling with our son, we end up with more kid friendly snacks too:-) She also functions as a concierge and helps us with anything we need in that regard.

I don't know exactly what she can accomplish for us at S/D, though. Still hoping to hear from someone else who has stayed here with Ambassador status, but if not I will definitely make sure to report back anything I find out!

@amalone1013 very nice! Can I asked who you booked through this time?
Thanks! I booked through American airlines vacations site.
Sounds like a great room, Alyssa, great views, nice upgrade. And points/voucher too!!!
We were so excited to get back since originally we booked Pop. And first time at the Swan! I have a room in my name tonight for my in laws and was also offered points or voucher. We leave for a cruise tomorrow but have a night at the Dolphin before we fly home, two rooms, so I'm hoping we will get offered breakfast vouchers then.

Anyone know how far in advance Costco releases packages? I looked for next May but did not find S&D available. On Sam's Club Dolphin is already showing as available to book for May.

Hoping there’s some Marriott credit card experts out there. I am so confused with the new name changes and categories, but I’d like to know which card/cards to use for an upcoming Swolphin trip. Between DH and I, we have the Marriott Rewards Chase Visa (I am not sure what the new name is), the original SPG Amex (also forget the new name), and the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex.
I’m not sure anymore which gives us the most points per spend. We are Gold Members if that makes a difference. (I am not even sure what Gold means anymore lol.)

Hoping there’s some Marriott credit card experts out there. I am so confused with the new name changes and categories, but I’d like to know which card/cards to use for an upcoming Swolphin trip. Between DH and I, we have the Marriott Rewards Chase Visa (I am not sure what the new name is), the original SPG Amex (also forget the new name), and the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex.
I’m not sure anymore which gives us the most points per spend. We are Gold Members if that makes a difference. (I am not even sure what Gold means anymore lol.)
The Amex business card gives you 6 points per dollar at Marriot which I believe is the highest you can earn. I'm not certain about the personal cards.

The Amex business card gives you 6 points per dollar at Marriot which I believe is the highest you can earn. I'm not certain about the personal cards.
Would that be the Marriott AMEX or the SPG AMEX? Or either?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter