• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I can't speak for the current state of the lobby (and I won't be staying there until October), but I do have some advice regarding your son.

Click on this link http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/special.html - It should bring up a form for you to make special room requests. I have requested a "dust-free, deep cleaned room due to asthma" many times in the past and I've never had an issue with the room. They've always been great about making sure we're comfortable! :)

Thank you so much for this!!

Has anyone been to the Dolphin recently?
I was reading some TripAdvisor reviews (I know, I know- TA brings out the crazies, but I'm still panicking), and there were tons of complaints due to the Dolphin lobby construction.

Just wondering if it is really as dusty and bad as the reviews are saying and if I should switch over to Swan instead for the extra cost.

Also, since I booked the week on points, am I more likely to get a non-renovated room? (Another thing I'm panicking about from TA because there was a "musty" smell to the rooms. My son has asthma and I'm afraid mustiness/dustiness will trigger it.)

Am I just being paranoid? Or is it really THAT bad?

We were there on May 9th. Not sure if the complaints were from after May 9th but it was totally fine when we were there & I was just getting over asthma complications so would have had trouble if it wasn't ok.

Whoop, just booked my F&W ressie at Dolphin. Will be there 9/18-22. Swan/Dolphin as fast becoming my favorite Epcot/HS resorts and that's coming from a huge YC fan. The only thing I miss staying there is a nice balcony to sit on in the morning while drinking my coffee and watching the world wake up but I'll take the price difference any day. Of course, I'm known for checking prices almost daily and have switched my ressie 4 times for one trip to get lower prices.

Whoop, just booked my F&W ressie at Dolphin. Will be there 9/18-22. Swan/Dolphin as fast becoming my favorite Epcot/HS resorts and that's coming from a huge YC fan. The only thing I miss staying there is a nice balcony to sit on in the morning while drinking my coffee and watching the world wake up but I'll take the price difference any day. Of course, I'm known for checking prices almost daily and have switched my ressie 4 times for one trip to get lower prices.

I've done The Dolphin 3 or 4 times now for F&W. Absolutely love it. We're in our room so little, it really doesn't matter where we are at. We rarely ever leave the Boardwalk over our 4 or 5 day trip. Last October, I bought myself one of the $200 VIP F&W giftcards (with ballin' gold medallion lanyard) each day for the wife and I to use for food and cocktails - we joked that was our free reward for choosing The Dolphin (which we got a great rate on through a CostCo package). We got a fabulous theme park view room - one of the newly remodeled ones - and had absolutely no regrets.

We also made frequent use of their "Personal Pantry Service" (http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/pantry.html) , which I thought was very reasonably priced. The "Morning After" package was a lifesaver by day two of F&W !

I recently switched my upcoming stay from the Dolphin to the Swan because of the construction. Anything I should be aware of? I know they share amenities and that the beds are bigger, but other than that is there any differences I should know about?

Also, I'm guessing it's the same as the Dolphin but just wanted to double check- do the mini fridges in the room have a freezer component for ice packs? If not, are there ice machines on each floor?

I recently switched my upcoming stay from the Dolphin to the Swan because of the construction. Anything I should be aware of? I know they share amenities and that the beds are bigger, but other than that is there any differences I should know about?

Also, I'm guessing it's the same as the Dolphin but just wanted to double check- do the mini fridges in the room have a freezer component for ice packs? If not, are there ice machines on each floor?

The mini fridges in the room do not have a freezer component. There are ice machines (although I'm not certain if each floor has one).

Reserved my next vacation over President's Day weekend in Feb. I was disappointed that after the renovation, there are no king Murphy beds in the parlor of the executive suites at the Dolphin, just a pull out couch. Currently, the layout of the exec suites are the same in the Swan and Dolphin.

Just an FYI.

edited to add: I reserved 2 rooms on points, and I was able to upgrade to a 2 bdr. Grand Suite for $240/night, which adds the parlor area. Regular executive suites remains at $200/night

We are wanting to try Fresh Med. Market on our upcoming anniversary trip in August. Do you think we will need reservations for say around 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. or will we be able to walk up and wait for a table?

We are wanting to try Fresh Med. Market on our upcoming anniversary trip in August. Do you think we will need reservations for say around 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. or will we be able to walk up and wait for a table?
I have always just walked up, but if they take reservations, might be a good idea.

Hey - can anyone give a comparison of Garden Grove breakfast buffet vs Fresh Med breakfast buffet? I only did gg when we were there, and I'm wondering if Fresh Med is worth the few extra dollars more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter