Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

My daughter only likes scrambled eggs and bacon , she is picky so this looked like the best on site option. We usually walked over to yacht club but that was inconvenient when we were trying to rope drop
You should be ok with the eggs and bacon. The rest is just eh IMO.

Has anyone booked Dolphin with their Capital One card? It looks like you get a standard room or resort view, but no mention of a balcony option. Should I make the reservation and then call Dolphin with room requests? Also, I have claustrophobia and would love a room on the first floor; are all of those room patio rooms (would LOVE this but am sure if I reserve a standard room, that won't be an option). Thank you!

@SwanVT2 room requests really aren't a thing at S/D you book, and pay for, what you want, sometimes (rarely) you might get lucky, but go in happy with what you paid for and you'll be better off. If you book through a 3rd party, you're probably less likely to get an upgrade for free. You'd be best off to call the local number, ask for in-house reservations and see what upgrades you might eligible for. When we did a Costco package I asked if we could pay to upgrade, and the response was no, but never hurts to ask.

@SwanVT2 room requests really aren't a thing at S/D you book, and pay for, what you want, sometimes (rarely) you might get lucky, but go in happy with what you paid for and you'll be better off. If you book through a 3rd party, you're probably less likely to get an upgrade for free. You'd be best off to call the local number, ask for in-house reservations and see what upgrades you might eligible for. When we did a Costco package I asked if we could pay to upgrade, and the response was no, but never hurts to ask.
What's interesting is the dates I am looking to book show as unavailable on the Dolphin website but ARE available through Capital One!

Also, I have claustrophobia and would love a room on the first floor; are all of those room patio rooms (would LOVE this but am sure if I reserve a standard room, that won't be an option). Thank you!
I do think all ground floor rooms at the Dolphin are patio rooms. If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected.

What's interesting is the dates I am looking to book show as unavailable on the Dolphin website but ARE available through Capital One!
That makes some sense, I'm sure S/D sells some rooms to sites like CapitalOne, Costco, etc. at a lower price for them promoting S/D do their customers. But those rooms most always are a more standard room. I am unsure if they can turn them back or not.

We had a corner room over looking the water way between S/D & Boardwalk and really enjoyed it as we could leave the blinds open with the sheer blinds closed, the additional windows made the room feel larger to us.

Has anyone booked Dolphin with their Capital One card? It looks like you get a standard room or resort view, but no mention of a balcony option. Should I make the reservation and then call Dolphin with room requests? Also, I have claustrophobia and would love a room on the first floor; are all of those room patio rooms (would LOVE this but am sure if I reserve a standard room, that won't be an option). Thank you!
I’m claustrophobic too and always worry about where I’ll end up at the Dolphin. We’ve been lucky so far!

Many first floor rooms do have a patio. And then there’s this room:

I hate elevators, that is why I like the first floor :)

At the EPCOT end of the Dolphin, you will need to take an elevator from the lobby down to the first floor to reach the rooms, unless I am not remembering correctly. I know we never found egress, other than the fire door (which does not provide access to the first floor after exiting) or the patio door (which would not lock when you leave the room)--we had to walk to the middle of the resort and take the elevator up to three and exit from there.

At the EPCOT end of the Dolphin, you will need to take an elevator from the lobby down to the first floor to reach the rooms, unless I am not remembering correctly. I know we never found egress, other than the fire door (which does not provide access to the first floor after exiting) or the patio door (which would not lock when you leave the room)--we had to walk to the middle of the resort and take the elevator up to three and exit from there.

We have had a room that was on the same floor as the shops. It was great! No need to use the elevators at all.

Been a few years since I've been to WDW but finally booked a trip May 19-24 at the Swan Reserve. First time there and I'm looking forward to it! Been staying at the Dolphin almost yearly since my kids were born in 2004, trying something new!
The reserve is nice. As long as you don't mind a little walk to the rest of the property you will enjoy your time at the reserve. I especially like their quiet pool area.

Forgive me if this is a repeat question, but I couldn't find anything recently - is there any talk of the Dolphin getting the same mini-refresh that the Swan just got (hardwoods, replacing the carpet in the halls, etc?)

@Karalee402 - I haven't seen anything about it... yet. But there was no big announcement about the Swan getting it either, until it started happening. Same thing happened with the balcony refresh too. Since these are not huge updates I'm guessing they will roll things out during the slower months, but hard to say when/if they take on the Dolphin, but I'd be shocked if they don't at some point soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter