Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Right now, at least for when we are going, an upgrade to a resort view with a balcony isn't much more per night. To us, having a balcony is so worth it to sit outside in the morning drinking coffee enjoying the sights and sounds of the morning. You might look into it.

Just curious, if I booked a room on points, would I be able to pay some cash to upgrade to the balcony? If so, does anyone have a ballpark guess as to the amount?

Quick one for anybody in the uk. If you book through virgin holidays at either the swan or dolphin you will not get access to fast pass+ at 60 days but the regular 30 days. Conversely if you book direct with the hotel or through Disney you will get access to fast pass + at 60. I have absolutely no idea why virgin do this but I thought it was worthwhile passing on....
Cheers
Is that absolutely definite? We're booked with Virgin at the Dolphin for August, so wonder if I should cancel our 14 day Disney tickets & book those online separately. So we'll have our Disney tickets ready for the 60 day window?

Otherwise perhaps I could contact Virgin to make sure they will "release" our Disney ticket info in time for the 60 days? Surely they must do that when someone books through Virgin for Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans or any of the 100% Disney resorts?

I've already got our booking reference from the Dolphin, which has allowed me to input it into the MDE app. The hotel booking is registered on there but not "full details" available. So already at least partly registered?

I'm at 35 days till my trip which I booked through Costco Travel (Dolphin and tix pkg) and just this morning I got an email from Costco Travel saying "Disney FP+ is now available!" and it says "Guests will be able to book FP+ selections 30 days in advance"... Hmmm.... I've already booked my FP+ at the 60 day mark so this email is not helpful if you didn't know what you were doing. :rolleyes2

Is that absolutely definite? We're booked with Virgin at the Dolphin for August, so wonder if I should cancel our 14 day Disney tickets & book those online separately. So we'll have our Disney tickets ready for the 60 day window?

Otherwise perhaps I could contact Virgin to make sure they will "release" our Disney ticket info in time for the 60 days? Surely they must do that when someone books through Virgin for Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans or any of the 100% Disney resorts?

I've already got our booking reference from the Dolphin, which has allowed me to input it into the MDE app. The hotel booking is registered on there but not "full details" available. So already at least partly registered?

You will never see the "full details" of your booking with Dolphin or Swan because the reservation systems are different from those at Disney. If you were able to successfully link and it shows your dates and the resort, you are set as far as the hotel is concerned. Now you need to get your tickets linked/assigned and you should be good to go at 60 days.

Just curious, if I booked a room on points, would I be able to pay some cash to upgrade to the balcony? If so, does anyone have a ballpark guess as to the amount?
A few years ago, my sister and I stayed at the Dolphin using her points, and upon check-in, I believe she paid around $25 +/- cash per night for an upgrade to a balcony room.

We reserved a deluxe king alcove room at the Swan. Is there any need to do any further room request or are these in a specific spot?

You will never see the "full details" of your booking with Dolphin or Swan because the reservation systems are different from those at Disney. If you were able to successfully link and it shows your dates and the resort, you are set as far as the hotel is concerned. Now you need to get your tickets linked/assigned and you should be good to go at 60 days.
Thanks. :-)

Of note to UK travellers booking through Virgin: I've just online chatted to Virgin and as mentioned by @Mgslalala Virgin do not have the Dolphin (and presumably the Disney Springs hotels) registered as providing 60 days Fast Pass. The Virgin staff mentioned he will pass on that it's a failing with their booking / system, so possibly that could change, but I'm sure that will take time unless they're bombarded with enquiries / complaints.

They're refunding my Disney tickets cost, and I'll now purchase them online (a couple of hundred pounds cheaper!). At least it was a fairly easy process to double-check and even have the booking amended.

We just returned and lucked out and we were upgraded to a balcony room when we checked in at the Swan. We are also Gold members, so I think that may have helped as well. There is always a chance you could get upgraded. We spent very little time in our room, but it was nice to have some coffee on the balcony before we headed off each day.

Could you please give me your opinion on our upcoming 7 night stay. We currently have a Grand Suite (no balcony) booked at the Swan for our family (2 adults, one child, one teenager, and one 3 year old so we need separate sleeping spaces). If we switch to a Premium Studio with an adjoining guest room at the Dolphin we will save approximately $50/night. Is there a downside to doing this? It's difficult to see what the Premium Studios look like online. We plan on purchasing the 90 day Fast Passes. Thank you in advance!

Was it a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom Grand Suite?

The "parlor" part of the Grand suite is substantially larger, but the bedding would be equal between a 2 bedroom Grand Suite and a Premium studio + extra room.

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/grand_suite.html

https://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/dolphin_deluxe_family_room.html

We are booking a trip for early February 2020. Planning to have it as an extended family trip and possibly get married during this trip. Does anyone know what conventions typically run early February at swan/dolphin? We would like to try to book around them if possible if there’s any huge ones.

Went to get it filled this morning, got a HUGE earful from lady working at Java Bar for even asking.
I hope you reported this rude lady to her manager. An employee that gets angry when asked a question? Unacceptable.

She said I needed to go back over to Dolphin and tell them to quit telling people it could be filled at Swan. She was mad!

She should not have that job. Mad at guests and telling you to go to deliver messages for her? She seems unstable.

Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the poolside rental cabanas at the Dolphin? Sorry if they are here somewhere and I missed it.

Thank you, I did find that picture online. I was hoping to see what the actual seating looked like inside. I've searched and can't find any pictures (it doesn't help that the pool bar is also called 'cabanas' which confuses the google machine).

I'll make sure to take some photos when we go in June and post them for everyone.

When I called to ask about them, the woman I spoke with sounded like they were new. They have a fridge and safe, HDTV, 'lemon-infused water', wait service, two float rentals, and (she said) a couch and two loungers, but from the photo you posted I don't see any loungers.

They are $100 for a half day and $150 for a full day, and $50 more on the weekend.
Half days are either 9-1 or 2-7 and full days are 9-6.

When I called to ask about them, the woman I spoke with sounded like they were new. They have a fridge and safe, HDTV, 'lemon-infused water', wait service, two float rentals, and (she said) a couch and two loungers, but from the photo you posted I don't see any loungers.

They are $100 for a half day and $150 for a full day, and $50 more on the weekend.
Half days are either 9-1 or 2-7 and full days are 9-6.
Good info, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter