• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walmart screwed up and now I'm in a bind! Where is the...

IUTBAM

DIS Veteran
best place to get a photobook QUICKLY?

The short version: Last week, my special needs son and I spent 5-6 hours putting together a photobook he wanted on Walmart.com. He had taken pictures of one of his favorite videos, and we wrote words to go along with the story. I was so proud of him..the book turned out fantastic. I ordered it as a hardbound and Walmart delivered it yesterday, which was great because we are celebrating his birthday this Saturday, and he wanted it as a gift. Unfortunately, Walmart screwed up and delivered a SOFTbound book! :( It is so flimsy and will never hold up. I've been in touch with their customer service, and they are NO help. First they tried to tell me I ordered a softbound, but they changed their tune when I emailed them PDF copies of my order and receipts. So now, all they can offer is for me to return my softbound book to any Walmart store for a refund, and they will offer me free express shipping on my next order. BUT, I don't trust Walmart anymore...I could re-order the book, but with my luck, it'll just show up as a soft bound again!

So I'm scrambling to find another photo site where I can get a book done quickly. It's 43 paqes, with one photo on every page, and then the text (story) underneath each picture. I originally paid $35 for the one I ordered from Walmart, so I don't really want to spend more than that (but I *am* desperate,lol). What photobook site is best, and does anyone know of any discounts? He worked so hard on this, and is going to be so disappointed if he doesn't have his book to open. &^&%% Walmart! :(

I truly doubt you'd be able to get a book in from another site by this Saturday without spending $$$$$. I'd order another one NOW through Walmart and take them up on their free express shipping option. If there's a section on the order form for special instructions I'd type in "HARDBOUND book, not softbound!" Hopefully it can come in on Saturday but, if not, hopefully your DS will understand that he'll get a special after-birthday present (I'd wrap it up especially nicely) early next week.

Good luck!

I ordered one from shutterfly and it was very easy to put together and arrived pretty quickly.

Denise in MI

Shutterfly also has a promo code BOOK40 that expires today for 40% off.

Denise in MI

I know wolf/ritz camera can make a book in an hour I have used them on Christmas eve and picked the book up right away. I just do not know if they offer a hard page book. The book I ordered was with a hard leather cover. Good luck!:wizard:

I don't understand all the anguish. WalMart has offered to make it right. Give it a chance. Mistakes happen, although they should let you keep the softbound book. When Snapfish messed up my photo book order, they let me keep the book which was put together incorrectly and express shipped me a new one.

I don't understand all the anguish. WalMart has offered to make it right. Give it a chance. Mistakes happen, although they should let you keep the softbound book. When Snapfish messed up my photo book order, they let me keep the book which was put together incorrectly and express shipped me a new one.

I agree, and chances are it would be very expensive to find a place that can get one made and shipped to you in just a few days anyway. I've done a lot of business with Walmart online for photo stuff and not once have I had any issues. It sounds like it was just a goof up. But definitely take them up on the offer to make it right.

Give him the softbound, so that he has SOMETHING that shows how the book will be. Then order a hardback from Walmart, as at least the book will be the same as the one he made. When the HB one comes, you can either take the softcover one back to WM for your refund, or keep that copy for yourself. The other option would be to take the softcover to a copy store like Kinkos and see if they could convert it to a hardcover, using the same pages.

You might also speak to a supervisor at the WM online number and let them know you expect them to send you a hardcover version of the book to arrive by Saturday, since it was their mistake. They could do it. It probably takes 15 minutes tops for them to create it, and they could ship it 1-2 day shipping and get it there on time. I honestly think since it was their mistake, they should do this AND let you keep the soft cover as well. What are they going to do with it anyway? Throw it in the trash, that's what! Mistakes do happen, but companies should do their best to make it right when it is THEIR mistake.

Onyx8, thanks for the Groupon code. I am going to order a book of my son's baseball team getting into the state finals so the $20 savings is a huge help. Question for you -- what is the difference between image wrap and book cover style? And do you go with the regular or premium pages? TIA.

Your special needs son knows what the book is supposed to look like and put a lot of time and effort into making it. He will likely FLIP if the book doesn't look right. I'd take Wal-Mart up on their offer to send the hardcover book expidited. Call them to make sure it'll be shipping in time and with a method that will ensure delivery. Give them the opportunity to fix this. You're much more likely to have the final result you really want (the book he helped make with the right cover) doing this than you would having to reconstruct the book on another site.

Give him the softbound, so that he has SOMETHING that shows how the book will be. Then order a hardback from Walmart, as at least the book will be the same as the one he made. When the HB one comes, you can either take the softcover one back to WM for your refund, or keep that copy for yourself. The other option would be to take the softcover to a copy store like Kinkos and see if they could convert it to a hardcover, using the same pages.

You might also speak to a supervisor at the WM online number and let them know you expect them to send you a hardcover version of the book to arrive by Saturday, since it was their mistake. They could do it. It probably takes 15 minutes tops for them to create it, and they could ship it 1-2 day shipping and get it there on time. I honestly think since it was their mistake, they should do this AND let you keep the soft cover as well. What are they going to do with it anyway? Throw it in the trash, that's what! Mistakes do happen, but companies should do their best to make it right when it is THEIR mistake.

I agree with all of this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter