• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wall Street Journal Article

DancingBear

DIS Veteran
FYI--Long Wall Street Journal cover page article today on Disney's transition to computer animation. Very interesting stuff (and pretty much positive for Disney) about how they brought around traditional animator Glen Keane to the idea of computer animation, and how Keane has been working to make the computer animation, particularly of human figures, to have more of the qualities of hand-drawn.

Interesting coincidence for this to come out during those Disney-Pixar negotiations, eh? Another shot across the bow to Jobs?

I remember debating with a friend, the use of computer amination in Beauty and the Beast.

Is this the beginning of a lost art, the magic of Disney animation reduced to computer processing?

I don't think this is progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter