Walkthrough of Moonlight Magic Registration

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Can anyone give me a walkthrough of registering for Moonlight Magic. On Tuesday, I’ll be trying for an AK event. I am horrible at technology and would really appreciate a step-by-step guide for how to do it and what to expect. TIA!

- Visit the website before 11am
- Wait for your number to come up
- Enter personal info as quickly as possible

The best strategy is to have several browsers and/or devices open and ready to go. Prior to the launch time, enter the queue on each browser. You can open incognito pages so they they don’t link. I leave one page out of the queue and precisely at the launch time, hit the link. Once the time hits, check all your pages and delete the higher queue numbers. I keep the two lowest numbers, in case something goes wrong with the first.

Be ready as your queue number goes down with your member #. I have it saved in a place where I can easily copy and paste it on the form. Be quick, as spot can fill up before you finish. Select the day you want (pre-selected if you have only 1 resort stay), and enter what is required (can’t remember exactly), then submit it. At this point, you should get a confirmation page. Take a screen shot of it, in case you don’t get an email. I printed out the email, but you don’t need it (only need it if there’s a problem).

At the event, use your vouchers early, during regular park hours. Otherwise, some of the longest queue lines will be for food. Don’t expect it will be a meal. Be aware the free Mickey and fruit bars will likely be at designated locations. Getting them from a regular vendor stand will cost you a snack voucher. At AK, not all activities will be going. For example, the safari trek will be closed (doesn’t run after dark). You can do those during regular park hours before the event.

Good luck and hopefully you’ll get in.

The best strategy is to have several browsers and/or devices open and ready to go. Prior to the launch time, enter the queue on each browser. You can open incognito pages so they they don’t link. I leave one page out of the queue and precisely at the launch time, hit the link. Once the time hits, check all your pages and delete the higher queue numbers. I keep the two lowest numbers, in case something goes wrong with the first.

Be ready as your queue number goes down with your member #. I have it saved in a place where I can easily copy and paste it on the form. Be quick, as spot can fill up before you finish. Select the day you want (pre-selected if you have only 1 resort stay), and enter what is required (can’t remember exactly), then submit it. At this point, you should get a confirmation page. Take a screen shot of it, in case you don’t get an email. I printed out the email, but you don’t need it (only need it if there’s a problem).

At the event, use your vouchers early, during regular park hours. Otherwise, some of the longest queue lines will be for food. Don’t expect it will be a meal. Be aware the free Mickey and fruit bars will likely be at designated locations. Getting them from a regular vendor stand will cost you a snack voucher. At AK, not all activities will be going. For example, the safari trek will be closed (doesn’t run after dark). You can do those during regular park hours before the event.

So you can enter the queue before 11:00 a.m.? How much earlier? Also as I said I’m not good with technology so I have no idea how to do an “incognito window.” I will have access to two iPhones and two laptops (a Samsung and a MacBook).

So you can enter the queue before 11:00 a.m.? How much earlier? Also as I said I’m not good with technology so I have no idea how to do an “incognito window.” I will have access to two iPhones and two laptops (a Samsung and a MacBook).

Yes, but numbers are randomly assigned for anyone who go in the queue before that so whether you enter 15 minutes early, or 2 minutes early, your spot will still be random. Once it hits 11 am, then those who enter are put in order.

Is it the DVC member website or a specific link?
It's a specific link. If you have a qualifying hotel reservation, DVC should send you an email at least 1 day before registration with the link. It MIGHT be posted on the member website. But if you don't get the email, I'd suggest looking here. Someone will post it.

It's a specific link. If you have a qualifying hotel reservation, DVC should send you an email at least 1 day before registration with the link. It MIGHT be posted on the member website. But if you don't get the email, I'd suggest looking here. Someone will post it.
Thank you!! I’m staying at Riviera, hopefully I will get the email!! Already have my reservation for AK during the day

Thank you!! I’m staying at Riviera, hopefully I will get the email!! Already have my reservation for AK during the day
FYI, you don't need a reservation for AK. In fact, you don't even need theme park tickets for the day. (Well, unless you want to enter a park earlier in the day, which you probably do.)

You could visit a different park earlier in the day and then attend the Moonlight Magic event at AK. You wouldn't need the park hopper option to do this, either.

But I definitely wouldn't alter any plans until you're confirmed in the AK event.

As I recall, the queue was open the night before. It doesn’t matter if you entered it that night or 5 minutes before. You’re assigned a random queue number at 11. That’s eastern daylight savings time, so adjust accordingly to your time zone. Supposedly, if you enter the site right at 11, you’re placed after everyone waiting in the queue, but my shot at it got my 3rd lowest queue number. Since you have 4 devices, it should be enough chances to get a lower queue number. If you have more than 1 browser app on each, that would give you 8 chances for a lower number.

great info i will use this stradegy .. does it require you to log in or does clicking the link get you in ?

great info i will use this stradegy .. does it require you to log in or does clicking the link get you in ?

Just clicking the link places you in the queue once they open it. No need to enter information until you’re transferred to the registration page.

Once you reach the actual registration page, you only need to enter your DVC Membership Number.

I’d hugely appreciate someone posting the link if they receive the email.
We are members with a qualifying resort stay, but we won’t receive the email as we are based in the U.K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter