Walking to Disney Challenge

Hi,

I just got the address from the DIS site for the resort we are staying at....can't remember which post I found it in, just try a search for resort addresses. Then went to Mapquest.com. I have alot way to go but I will get there. :cheer2:

Sounds like a challenge and motivation for me to get started walking. We were planning to go to WDW 11/21/05, but since we're not I'll make it a virtual visit. I have to walk 1016 miles to reach Magic Kingdom.

Tammy-VWL is:
801 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-1000

Then just go to a map site (like mapquest www.mapquest.com) and enter your home address under "driving directions" and then the resort address. it will give you the directions and also a total of miles for the trip.

GL!

I just did weights today but will start adding up my mileage tomorrow!

I am going to have to walk to WD WORLD and back a couple of times to keep up with ya all..it is 62 miles from my house to The Contemporay....but I will go there and back, and there again lol..this is gonna be fun :cool1: ...

Tink

What a cool idea. I will have to log mine too.

I will be doing WATP 3 mile dvd but what about Tae Bo can I count that?? I will also be taking walks outside aprox 2-3 miles each. :)

I gotta go look up the mileage now. :)

Adding mileage..

Total Est. Distance: 2149.14 miles
:earseek: :cool1:

At my pace I was thinking of doing it would take over 2 years. :earseek: We are planning to go to WDW around May 2006 but might be moving it back depends on how quickly we can save money for it. I guess I'll have to bump it up a bit to make it before my trip. :blush: Who know if I'll finish before we go but I can sure try.

welovedis-Thanks for the information, I found my mileage and it is 653.11 miles from my door to VWL. Boy, that is a goal to work towards:) I will start my spreadsheet to keep track of this.

Hey everyone how are you doing?????

I didn't get a walk in last night, wasn't feeling well but I will make it up today...but check my ticker....down a pound......not much but better then up a pound.

Hope you have a great day!!!!!

I ticked away another 2 miles today! WTG Hockey chic! I am also down a pound---wanted to check my weight 2 days in a row before I reported this, but not I am officially in Onederland (199.6 lbs!). Thanks again for posting this.

I've but my mileage in my sig line to keep track of it, but I like your idea, Tammy, about a spreadsheet too ! :)

I started a spreadsheet to track the miles. Last night I only got in one mile on the treadmill (it's manual and slighly inclined) before my lower back started to ache. Monday the weather was beautiful so DD and I went outside for a 1.5 mile walk. I topped that off with .5 mile on the treadmill. I plan to get back on tonight before and/or after American Dreams. I doubt I will be able to go the two miles, but I will try.

hey I really like the idea of adding my milage in my signature. When I get home tonight I am going to add that..

Wahooo WTG everyone.

I don't have any trips to WDW planned this year, however I have 4 more planned to Disneyland....so I'm walking to Disneyland! YIKES...it is almost 400 miles farther from my house to go west. It's 1929.74 miles and I kicked out 7 miles tonight so I'm down to 1922.74.

I might make it there by my December trip. At 7 miles a day, I will take me 276 days to get to Anaheim. I bet my feet will be sore when I get there!

Great Idea to keep exercise interesting!

Diane

What a cool idea! I wonder if there's anyway to keep track of landmarks along the way?

I might see how far it is for me to walk to Nova Scotia. VWL is only 114 miles from my house...doesn't seem quite far enough. Then maybe I could have my dream vacation at Trout Point Lodge!

I didn't add (or take away, lol) any more miles since today is my rest day.

Mel-I would do that if it is a place you'd like to visit. For me WDW is so far away and a place I don't visit often (enough!) so that is incentive for me. If Trout Point Lodge is a place you would love to visit then start keeping track! TPL is really a beautiful place!

Wow! This is such a great idea! I'm not sure if we have enough time to "walk our way to WDW" before our trip, but we may just give it a try!

It is 1042 miles from my doorstep to BCV. This means that we would have to walk almost 4 miles per day to get there on time. With the weather being the way it is here in Ohio, that may not be possible. What I may do is this:

Example: I will walk for 60 minutes straight and see how far I get. For the sake of example, let's say I walk 3 miles in 60 minutes. Okay. Every time I do another workout (FIRM, TaeBo, Kathy Smith e.t.c.), I will convert those minutes to miles. So according to my example, if I do a 60 minute FIRM tape, then I have "walked" 3 miles. If I do a 30 minute FIRM tape, I would only have "walked" 1.5 miles. Does this make sense?

Also, I went to Expedia.com and went under the "Map" section to get directions to BCV. The great thing about Expedia is that they give you the mileage and tell you when you enter another state! For example, After I walk 234.9 miles, I will be in West Virginia. (Going Route 77) Another 101.2 miles and I will be in Virginia and so on. This helps break down the big goal of walking 1042 miles into smaller goals! Plus, I get to see more of the country this way!;)

After I talk to DH (He'll probably want to join me!) and he says yes, my DDs and I will make a poster to track everyone's progress. Maybe once we reach a new state, we'll go buy Disney Dollars to use during our trip in December.

This is such a great idea! Thanks Hockeychic!!! :cool1:

Hey everyone!!!!

How is it going???? I am glad so many have jumped aboard....to bad we don't have a clippie.....lol

I have incorporated my WATP tape as the weather still is icky here also so the 3 mile tape gets me 4.8 kms each morning.....yaaaaaa

I guess I need to update my milage....lol

You all have a great day!!!!

I was busy with errands last night and didn't have time to walk. I only put in the 1/4 mile walk to the restaurant upstairs to fill my mug with water. Hopefully tonight, and this weekend, I can add many miles to the total.

FWIW - I am converting my time to miles, as my treadmill seems to think it takes 5 minutes to walk 1/10 mile. I can walk 1/2 mile in 10 minutes (2.5 minutes less) based on the outdoor walk DD and I took on Monday. I can walk a mile 5 minutes faster than my treadmill says. So for every 20 minutes I walk I'm considering I've walked a mile...until I'm so fit that I can walk the mile faster. :bounce:

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been checking in this weekend.....way to much to do....yikes.....however....check out my signature......34.45 KMS closer to disney.....wahooo..

How are you all doing???? I also have found that I can walk 5.7 KMS in a hour so if I do a 1 hour exercise tape that should count for 5.7 KMS as well. I think this is a great idea.....once the weather gets nicers all my walks will be outdoors. I must prefer working out outside.....just not in Canada in the winter.....lol

You all have a great day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter