Walking Thanksgiving 2019

tb1972

DVC since 2012
We're owners at BWV and I went in to make a reservation 1 day after the 11 month mark. I was surprised to find just two nights available the whole week. We were in San Diego on vacation and I honestly forgot to jump on the reservation on Christmas Eve. So I grabbed the two available nights and waitlisted the balance of the week, but I have been able to grab more nights each morning. I now have four consecutive nights and need two more. Each morning when I check the nights get released and I pick them up. While I'm glad to piece the week together, it is time consuming to handle this way! I assume others are dealing with the walking issues also?

We're owners at BWV and I went in to make a reservation 1 day after the 11 month mark. I was surprised to find just two nights available the whole week. We were in San Diego on vacation and I honestly forgot to jump on the reservation on Christmas Eve. So I grabbed the two available nights and waitlisted the balance of the week, but I have been able to grab more nights each morning. I now have four consecutive nights and need two more. Each morning when I check the nights get released and I pick them up. While I'm glad to piece the week together, it is time consuming to handle this way! I assume others are dealing with the walking issues also?
I'm hoping to book in early December. What I've observed over the past month is that night's are opening up for BW View and Std. View studios at some point during the day after the 11-month window opens. So, I'm pretty sure that walking is going on. I just don't think it's only for Thanksgiving because days leading up to Thanksgiving Day have been opening up as we move forward. Some of those walkers must be looking for dates in December.

I'm not too concerned. We've got a conference at YC/BC and I can get a killer rate in a regular hotel room there if I can't get a BWV studio. But there's definitely walking going on.

Walking will always be happening for high demand dates/room categories. If you want to guarantee that you get what you want and others are walking, you have to walk too.

We’ve never had problems with 11 month home resort bookings since owning. I’ve never walked and really don’t have the desire or patience to spend the time! All ended ok for me - at least one walker ditched their room today and my booking is complete now.

After learning about walking (post purchase), I was a nervous wreck knowing we wanted to book this very busy week too. I refuse to walk, so instead I checked availability every day for the month before to look at booking patterns and studio reservations for CCV were all over the place. Definitely walking going on there, I'm glad we decided to go with a one bedroom for that trip. No issues with that size.

Is walking still able to be done online or do you have to call? I thought they ended the ability to do it without calling. (Not an owner yet but in the process of buying)

Opposite. You used to have to call. Now it can be done online.
Awesome thanks. I knew that. But then I read another forum that made it sound like they took the ability to drop the beginning days from the res without making a whole new res effectively ending online walking. I just went back and re read it and realized that that was just someone’s faulty assumption and not fact. Thanks for the clarification.

I’m staying at BWV Dec 1 to 7, boardwalk view studio. I’ve been walking for about 4 weeks, first time. I bumped it up about every 6 days online, no issues. Right now I have Nov 30 to Dec 7, I’ll modify to arrive Dec 1 in the morning and be done. It was a little bit of an inconvenience but I bought BWV 19 years ago specifically for this week and I’ll be darned if I wasn’t going to get it because of others walking. If you can’t beat them, join them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter