Walking from PP to DD the long way...

two-foxes

DIS Veteran
DH is really concerned about "how busy of a street do we have to cross to get to the parks?" I haven't figured that out yet, because we have no kids and can run really fast ;) , but I think (he hasn't been to the LA area since he was a kid) he thinks the traffic is so bad all the time that we'll never get across the street! Funny, but kinda silly!

So enough on the background of my question.....I don't remember crossing any "busy" streets when I took the long way to DD from PP on my last trip to DLR. Are there any? Once we figured out we could cut through the GC (which DH won't do because it crosses a busy street :love2: love him anyway), we never took the long route. Any help would be great to alleviate DH's new found busy street phobia!

Thanks much!

What PP are you talking about? Paradise Pier Hotel? There are no busy streets from the Paradise Pier Hotel to Downtown Disney. From Paradise Pier Hotel to Grand Californian you do cross Disneyland Drive, but there is a crosswalk with a light there, and it is very safe.

If he is averse to that, then you could walk to Downtown Disney - sidewalk all the way, and then Downtown Disney to Disneyland -- there is a "bridge" that goes over Disneyland Drive, so you won't have to cross any streets.

Hope that helps.

Yep, I am sorry! Paradise Pier Hotel is what I meant. Thanks for your confirmation!

We stayed there with our MIL and FIl and 2 sons (at the time they were 5 and 6) - really never saw a car on the little road. It's a very safe walk. Wouldn't worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter