Walking a reservation

It would seem to make sense that if you held the last day of the initial reservation, no one would be able to book those consecutive nights eliminating the need to modify every day but only the day before the last day of the reservation..... thoughts?

Correct. You don’t have to do it every day to walk or move or add.

Once you get 7 days, you just have to move it before that check out day. This works for 11 month bookings.

For 7 month bookings, you don’t want to do that because at any time an owner can come in and book those days farther out and stop you.

Correct. You don’t have to do it every day to walk or move or add.

Once you get 7 days, you just have to move it before that check out day. This works for 11 month bookings.

For 7 month bookings, you don’t want to do that because at any time an owner can come in and book those days farther out and stop you.
So if booked for 7 nights starting today thru Nov 6... i would only need to modify it every 5 days or so until i get the days i am wanting, correct?

I thought at 7 months, you can book more than 7 days no? When can you book for more than 7 days then?
You can book more than 7 nights if you are at least that many days inside the booking window. For instance, on January 3, I could book checkin on December 1 and checkout December 10 at my home resort.

You can book more than 7 nights if you are at least that many days inside the booking window. For instance, on January 3, I could book checkin on December 1 and checkout December 10 at my home resort.
From the 11 month window beginning date it will only let me book 7 though, correct?

One thing to be aware of - you can get “tripped” if a room goes out of service. BWV is holding some rooms for renovation currently.

I believe you could also get blocked on walking the reservation by a fixed week. (I may be mistaken on that though).

I believe you could also get blocked on walking the reservation by a fixed week. (I may be mistaken on that though).

Small possibility, but there are only a few resorts that have them, and even some of those, it’s specific views that do.

ETA. Specific views that were sold enough to potentially impact.

Poly, VGF, CCV and RIV are the only ones with them…

Last edited:
Small possibility, but there are only a few resorts that have them, and even some of those, it’s specific views that do.

ETA. Specific views that were sold enough to potentially impact.

Poly, VGF, CCV and RIV are the only ones with them

Walking for CCV studios began in mid-October, likely for December. It’s like an annual pilgrimage. Let the best walker win! popcorn::

Do u happen to know what room types the VGF offer guaranteed weeks?

All were offered..but the SV studio rooms seemed to be the ones that were mostly chosen based on reports and most for around beginning of December.

3 bedroom ever an issue with fixed weeks?
Never seen anything in reference to someone even buying one of those so not common.

And, so far, we have never seen anyone who has lost a walk to what might be a fixed week.

Remember, Disney takes thisd rolms for fixed weeks out of the inventory at least a month or so in advance as that is when they get booked.

Most likely, those are gone by the time the majority of the people walking start.

Never seen anything in reference to someone even buying one of those so not common.

And, so far, we have never seen anyone who has lost a walk to what might be a fixed week.

Remember, Disney takes thisd rolms for fixed weeks out of the inventory at least a month or so in advance as that is when they get booked.

Most likely, those are gone by the time the majority of the people walking start.
Appreciate your insight.

Before trying to do this my first recommendation would be to look into the history on the room type and view you want to book for that time and see how hard it is historically to get that room during the same holiday week in the past. Also, if you have some flexibility in the points/view/room size that could also make it easier for you to get something and not need to walk your reservation to get what you want. For example if you want a studio but have the points for a 1BR or even better a 2BR that gives you a lot more options. Can you get the better view rooms that cost more points but usually don’t book up as fast?

Based on all of that you might not have to bother with walking :)
This is generally good advice. But it may be a good idea to walk for any must do reservations in 2023, until we are sure all the foreign COVID related points have been used up. I have only walked once, and that was for an accessible GV and 2 bedroom at OKW during Thanksgiving week last year. And that was also because there are only 3 accessible GVs at OKW. It was a pretty much preset group trip. Other than that, if my dates are flexible at all, I've been able to book. It really depends upon WHEN you need to travel, and what size room and resort you want.

This is generally good advice. But it may be a good idea to walk for any must do reservations in 2023, until we are sure all the foreign COVID related points have been used up. I have only walked once, and that was for an accessible GV and 2 bedroom at OKW during Thanksgiving week last year. And that was also because there are only 3 accessible GVs at OKW. It was a pretty much preset group trip. Other than that, if my dates are flexible at all, I've been able to book. It really depends upon WHEN you need to travel, and what size room and resort you want.
Obviously this doesn't apply to the rest of the year, but I was shocked at the studio availability we saw at 7 months when we booked our mid-June stay. There was far more availability (for our dates anyway) than last summer.

We were originally set on doing 17 nights in a RIV Preferred studio so we started walking that. After all the availability we were seeing we decided to stop walking and just see what was available.

We ended up getting a CCV Studio for all 17 nights. No walking required. In fact one of the CCV Studios is still available for all the nights we will be there, as well as several other resorts. Even now there are studios available at almost all non-boardwalk area resorts available the entire time -- and we could have likely gotten both BWV or BCV the entire time with minimal walking.

Guess what I am saying is that its seems to be like availability is better this summer than it was last. I don't have any knowledge with pre-covid DVC as we weren't owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter