walk-up at resort restaurants

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
What's you experiences with not having a reservation and doing the walk-up at resort restaurants. We are are party of 2. Thanks

It probably varies depending on resort and restaurant, not to mention time of day. You would probably be more successful walking up to Olivia's at OKW at 4:30 PM than to California Grill at CR at 6:30 PM, for example. What we usually do is open up the Check Dining Availability page on our MDE, click today's date and search for a time of Now to see what's available.

LOL - I just did that, to be sure I laid out the steps correctly, and as of roughly 5:30 PM on Saturday afternoon quite a few restaurants popped up saying they had an estimated wait of 10 minutes and that I needed to move closer to the restaurant to join the walk-up list. One of them is CG!

I'd check on the app before you walk up (or just book a last minute reservation on the app). I did hear a cast member turn a family away at Le Cellier. She told them they do not accept walkups because they were fully booked.

I agree with PP's - check the walk-up list on MDE first and see if anything is available. We've had pretty good luck as a party of 2 both with the walk-up list on the app and in restaurants that have lounges. We got into Kona via the app fairly quickly as a party of 2 and walked up to Citricos (we were going to eat in the lounge, but they ended up having space in the dining room) and Steakhouse 71 (we ate at the bar there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter