Walk-ins at Ohana

Chances are between slim and none.
There's a reason you can't book an ADR. They are full. Full means no walk ups.
Maybe if they have enough no shows but I sure wouldn't plan on it.

You would have had a much better shot by hopping on the website last night or early this morning, looking for reservations people had cancelled to avoid the no-show fee.

Slim - yes. However, on 1/2/2010 - we had an ADR for Spirit of Aloha - but it was quite cold that year (Didn't need fake snow flakes on Main Street...)
SOA got cancelled - the group of 4 of us got a walk in for Ohana! Of course we had about an hour wait, but we were at the bar, so
it worked out just fine!

Keep on MDE up until then - you never know!

The key with 'Ohana is looking the night before.

Right now, i can get a 5:30 tomorrow for 2, or a 9:45. I can also get brekkie for 4 at 7:30, or for 2 at several later times.

The key with 'Ohana is looking the night before.

Right now, i can get a 5:30 tomorrow for 2, or a 9:45. I can also get brekkie for 4 at 7:30, or for 2 at several later times.
I've had no luck on walk ups ever... when we couldn't get an ADR. But I'll re check nite before!

We have had luck with walk up as a party of two, getting in the standby line around 4pm. It helped that we were checking in then, my hubby just went and stood in the line while I handled getting the room situated and all.

I always see people say "no way" based on how far in advance 'Ohana gets booked up but then I've seen lots (not every single one but more than you'd think) of reports by people who have actually done it. the whole people getting moved from their CRT ADR to a different day fiasco made me wonder if all of the restaurants don't hold back a few tables to "make magic" when necessary and if those don't get used, might be available for walk up. No way of knowing but it doesn't seem impossible. I'm not sure how far in advance it matters that things get fully booked, if they are fully booked day before or day of they are still fully booked. I'm not surprised disney doesn't really want to encourage that but sometimes you can get lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a certain number of no-shows as well on any given night even with the $10 pp fee.

I always see people say "no way" based on how far in advance 'Ohana gets booked up but then I've seen lots (not every single one but more than you'd think) of reports by people who have actually done it. the whole people getting moved from their CRT ADR to a different day fiasco made me wonder if all of the restaurants don't hold back a few tables to "make magic" when necessary and if those don't get used, might be available for walk up. No way of knowing but it doesn't seem impossible. I'm not sure how far in advance it matters that things get fully booked, if they are fully booked day before or day of they are still fully booked. I'm not surprised disney doesn't really want to encourage that but sometimes you can get lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a certain number of no-shows as well on any given night even with the $10 pp fee.
I don't think the CRT involved a held-back table. I think that involved an override and overbooking. 'Ohana is generally overbooked to start, as I don't think they use realistic table turn times.

No it is not impossible.
They don't hold back tables. But they do have cancellations all the time, and yes even no shows. With the change reservation option on MDE you can even change same day, even if you can't cancel outright.
So, sure, you can get lucky but you sure can't plan on it.
Disney is not Chili's. They don't take just however many names walk up for the night and seat them whenever.
They can, and do, say no.
Most don't want to worry with gambling for dinner at Disney.
For those that do, I'd advise a back up plan as there is no way to know in advance if they'll say yes or no.

OP was asking about yesterday... wonder what happened?

Given our awful experience at Ohana, I'd say they might have dodged a bullet if unavailable... :duck:

OP was asking about yesterday... wonder what happened?

Given our awful experience at Ohana, I'd say they might have dodged a bullet if unavailable... :duck:
LOL... I hadn't even recalled it was "tonight" in the post.

As for eating there, we too have sworn off them. Just not special any longer, now with all the Brazilian steak houses popping up around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter