Walk In Showers at Resorts?

sara_s

DIS Veteran
Weird question, I know. DH usually defers to me for picking our accommodations at WDW, but last night he mentioned that he likes the rooms with King beds and preferably a walk in shower (instead of the old tub look).

I'm researching and racking my brain but I don't know that these exist on Disney property unless it's an accessible/ADA style? With any of the refurbished rooms, would this be an upgrade they're making?

Only had one hotel room like that and yes it was ADA accessible at the Wilderness. Most hotels across the country are going to them now though so I could see some refurbs going this route.
Now then, most 1BR villas at the DVC resorts have a King bed and a tub and a walk in shower so if he demands one, you can surely book it without telling him the price.....:tigger:

Also, I think the family suites have a walk in shower in one of the two bedrooms as well.

Only had one hotel room like that and yes it was ADA accessible at the Wilderness. Most hotels across the country are going to them now though so I could see some refurbs going this route.
Now then, most 1BR villas at the DVC resorts have a King bed and a tub and a walk in shower so if he demands one, you can surely book it without telling him the price.....:tigger:

Also, I think the family suites have a walk in shower in one of the two bedrooms as well.
Haha right? Gotta be sneaky to satisfy his neuroses. :cool:

Maybe some Yacht Club rooms after the most recent refurb, but I’m not positive.

As part of the Pop Century renovations, they recently changed some bathrooms to a shower instead of a tub. I don’t think it’s a bookable category though so you'd have to make it a request. There is a thread floating around here trying to track which rooms changed to the shower.

All Star Movies recently started the same renovations, though I don’t know if anyone has confirmed a shower there yet.

There are some roll-in showers in accessible rooms at each resort. Unless it’s really needed, please don’t book those rooms because there are so few and a person in a wheelchair has no other option.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think most, if not all, of the hotel rooms only have shower/tub combos unless they're accessible rooms. But I know both the Poly studios and GF studios have both a walk in and a shower/tub combo.

Haha right? Gotta be sneaky to satisfy his neuroses. :cool:

I will say that the ADA room we had at the Wilderness I did not like the walk in shower at all. It was made for a wheel chair and the whole bathroom was tiled and the floor was never dry. My wife tried to kill me middle of the night because she took a shower prior to bed and left water everywhere on the floor in the bathroom and I stumbled into a slick floor at 3 a.m. and skidded all the way across. Our shower in the two bedrooms we get at OKW is gloriously big and wonderful. Of course everything about those rooms are great as they are huge.

Yikes! Gotta be careful with slippery floors. OKW is worth checking out too - thanks!

I think I saw a picture of the YC room and it had a walk in shower.

There is a thread floating around here trying to track which rooms changed to the shower.

I was trying to find one but my thread search turned up empty. Sorry!

Not sure if it is all rooms at the Poly? The DVC villas have the walk in shower note that is a rainfall shower but also has a removable type shower head. If you want an amazing bathroom rent a 1 bedroom (or 2) at AKL Kidani village. Also all DVC 1 BR (and 2) will have a king size but I am not sure of all have a walk in shower I know OKW did not but may have changed.

Both the Yacht Club and the buildings that have been refurbished at Coronado Springs have some rooms with showers instead of tubs that are not handicapped rooms. It is not a thing you can book, but can definitely request.

My favorite walk in shower was in our 1 bedroom villa in Kadini it was spacious and it had a bench that you could sit on (it was not a handicap accessible room, it was part of the shower design), I also liked the one in our 1 bedroom in Boulder Ridge Villas at WL.

Here a youtube video of the Kidani, the walk in shower is about 2:59 into the video;

Both the Yacht Club and the buildings that have been refurbished at Coronado Springs have some rooms with showers instead of tubs that are not handicapped rooms. It is not a thing you can book, but can definitely request.
And at Coronado (unlike any of the deluxe resorts), King is a bookable category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter