Walk from TTC to Poly?

Simba3000

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to park at TTC and walk to Poly? I have a Annual Pass so I can park in the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot for free. Me and My friends want to just ride around the monorail and visit those resorts. However, my friends will not have a ticket which I think you need to board the Monorail at the TTC. Also we are not staying on property so taking a bus directly to Magic Kingdom is out of the question.

So my options are either parking directly at a Monorail Resort and having to deal with the three hour restriction, or parking at the TTC and walking to the Poly. I just have to know if you have to pass some sort of gate with a proof of ticket purchase to get to the Poly walkway.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any input.

Absolutely - We do it all the time.

There's an open walkway near the ferry that goes right to the Polynesian. No card or ticket is needed.

i have never been asked to show a ticket when boarding at the TTC monrail.

so you should be fine in either place.

that say, walking through the grounds at the Polyn is almost a treat.

Yep, you can walk right from the TTC to the Polynesian. Just follow the signs for the walkway to the Poly as soon as you exit the monorail platform. No ticket/guard shack necessary when walking from the TTC to the Poly.

No ticket needed to board/ride the monorail either. :thumbsup2

The only time I have ever needed a key/resort ID to board the monorail was a couple of years ago to get onto to the monorail for Early Entry. I walked from the Poly to the TTC and they had the gates all closed off there and people had to show IDs to get to the monorail -- but it was an early entry morning for Epcot.

Liz

Wish I had known exactly where that path was when DH and I had breakfast at Ohana last August. I knew there was one, but the CM's at the resort insisted that the path went to the GF first and there wasn't one directly to the TTC, so we had to ride the monorail to the TTC to get to the EPCOT monorail. I will remember where it is for next time.

Suzanne princess:

As everyone else has said,

I have never been asked to show my ticket at the TTC.

There is a walkway near the ferry landing that leads to the POLY. So you can board the monorail there too.

I usually stay on property and never deal with the TTC, however for some reason I remember being checked to make sure I had a ticket to get on the monorail or Ferry a couple of years ago. Must have been for Extra Magic Hours or something.

Thanks again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter