Walgreens deals week of 9/4 to 9/10

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
How'd everybody do? What'd you buy?

I finally got over there yesterday to use my grocery game list. The only thing they were out of was the green giant canned veggies 2/$1. I was able to get one can of peas. Oh well. They had everything else I needed. Here are my numbers.

Retail Price(after sales, before coupons):$62.59
Price paid(before rebates, after coupons): $35.76
Savings(not including rebates): $26.83
Rebates due to me: $14.50
Final cost: $12.33 for $62.59 worht of stuff. WooHoo! :cool1:
Total savings 80% That's the first time since starting grocery game that I've hit a number that high. I'm so excited!

So what all did you get? I am debating not even going this week. There jsut didn't seem to be that many great deals. And I can do the P&G rebate anytime this month.

I got:
edge shave retail $2.99, sale $1.99, $1off coupon~final cost $.99
dawn dish soap retail $1.89, walgreens coupon$.79, mfg coupon .25~final cost $.54
cascade dishwasher soap retail $3,99, sale 2/$5, .50coupon~final cost $2
downy fabric softener retail $5.99, sale 3/$10, .50coupon~final cost $2.83
listerine pocket mist retail $2.99, sale $2.49, $2.49 ESrebate~final cost $free
Tide 100oz retail $8.99, sale 2/$12, .50coupon, $2 ESrebate~final cost $4.50ea

Plus, I can use the P&G buy $15 rebate and get $10 back so my final costs are actually less than what I listed.

I bought more stuff but those were the best deals.

Hope that helps!
You can go to www.thegrocerygame.com and see the Free Walgreens List and it will list out all the deals they think are good this week.

cruisnfamily said:
Plus, I can use the P&G buy $15 rebate and get $10 back so my final costs are actually less than what I listed.[\QUOTE]

ARe you sure the tide and downy qualify for the P&G rebate? The flyer says that the rebate is for P&G beauty adn personal care products. I know that that's not what the easy saver book says, so I'm wondering....

christinadei said:
ARe you sure the tide and downy qualify for the P&G rebate? The flyer says that the rebate is for P&G beauty adn personal care products. I know that that's not what the easy saver book says, so I'm wondering....
Well, the easy saver rebate says "Buy $15 in P&G Products, Get a $10 Walgreens Gift Card and Beauty Sampler by Mail"and if you go online and click for "rebate details" it lists every single p&g product they sell including downy, tide, dawn, etc. So, that's what I'm basing it on. I'm assuming I can do it. I'll just keep all the walgreens receipts for the month and circle anythign and everything that happens to be P&G and hopefully it will work. I don't really think it needs to be beauty and personal care products since it doesn't say that in esrebate book.

So, here's my 2nd walgreens trip of the week.

Purchased 2 1lt bottles of crest pro-health rinse(which happens to be P&G by the way and happens to be what I would consider a "personal care item"). Retail price $5.49, sale $4.49, 2 coupons (1 BOGOF and 1 $1 off) plus I purchased 3 canned veggies, retail $1 ea, walgreens coupon 2/$1(they substituted del monte for green giant) .

Total retail $14.95
Savings $8.99 (60%0
I paid: $5.96

No rebates coming back to me on this receipt although I will circle the p&g items and send it in for good measure.

cruisnfamily said:
Well, the easy saver rebate says "Buy $15 in P&G Products, Get a $10 Walgreens Gift Card and Beauty Sampler by Mail"and if you go online and click for "rebate details" it lists every single p&g product they sell including downy, tide, dawn, etc. So, that's what I'm basing it on. I'm assuming I can do it. I'll just keep all the walgreens receipts for the month and circle anythign and everything that happens to be P&G and hopefully it will work. I don't really think it needs to be beauty and personal care products since it doesn't say that in esrebate book.

Thanks. If it lists it online, i'd assume. I was even willing to bet that they'd accept all P&G, but it confused me in the weekly ad. They had other P&G items in the add, but not with the rebate stuff. I'll go ahead and assume that they will. Thanks.

cruisnfamily said:

I agree. My DH takes Prilosec OTC (which is a P&G product), it was on sale this week and I used the $2 coupon from the paper. I'll end up $11 out of pocket and it's usually $23. Pretty good deal on something I have to buy anyway. Darn insurance company stopped covering Prevacid :mad:

I was able to get 3 packs of Pampers Cruisers- on sale for $8.99 and I had three coupons- 2 for $2 off and 1 for $1.50 off, so I got a lot of diapers for $22! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter