• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wal-Mart's coupon policy

plgrn

DIS Veteran
I went to Wal-Mart the other day with some grocery coupons I had printed off online from the manufacturers. W-Mart refused to accept them! Said that they "stopped taking coupons that you can print off your computer."

Is this everywhere or just my local Wal-Mart?

I don't know about our local Wal-mart, but our grocery stores have done the same thing, because of such a high incidence of fraud, and you can't really blame them.

I guess I thought that's what the barcode is for. :confused3

Maybe it's not just my Wal-Mart....although this particular Wal-Mart is of the devil...really ;)

Our local Grocery stores will not accept them. To Much Fraud involved I was told!

Our Kroger does not accept them but the other grocery stores in town still do.

My Walmart said they will take them as long as they scan. If they don't scan they won't put them in manually. I use the real ones from the websites and some scan and some don't.

ok if thats so where do we go to get our coupons sent to us? insted of printing?

My local Wal-mart won't take the printed coupons when I go through a cashier's line; BUT the self-check line will accept them. I use real coupons like for Tylenol, & hair products, etc. that I get from the manufacturers. :)

It's likely due to a recent influx of really "good" coupons for beauty products that had been forwarded through emails last spring. I'd think the fact that they didn't scan would be a good enough give away to which are fakes and which aren't, but I guess they just want to eliminate the hassle all together. I never honored coupons that didn't scan (especially if they were for like, $8.00 and $15.00 off) and did let a manager make the final decision if a customer was persistent. My Wal-Mart received a notice telling the front end to avoid honoring coupons without the "Manufacturer's" notice, but how hard would it be to replicate that on a fake? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter