Waitlisting Riviera?

jbh275

Love VGC
I'm just curious. How many people on here have a waitlist reservation for Riviera in the next 7 months? I've put in a WL for 2 nights in both the tower studio and deluxe studio in Feb. Here's hoping I get some magic.

I am trying for May and August While I own there, I didn’t buy until those May nights were gone.

And the days I want to go in August is the only week that SV studios are already gone. I figure my shot for the August one will be pretty good, May..not so much.

just an FYI, I did a 7 month modification today out of SSR. I moved to boardwalk- Studio for 4 nights. However, the Tower Studio at Riviera was available at 8AM when I made the change. This was very surprising to me. I still choose BW as my interest in RIV was for a standard studio and those have been full for a while. Pfd has lots of availability.

I don't think the Tower Studios are going to be as popular as many think. Right now they are available at 7 months out. The 2 person limit is going to keep demand down even if the points are cheaper. That being said, February isn't very far out so the odds are quite low.

I am going to be in DW on Feb 2nd through the 7th. 3 of us. I currently have a Preferred View Deluxe Studio for Feb 1st through to the 7th. AND, I have a Standard View Deluxe Studio for Feb 2nd through to the 6th. I WANT a Standard View for Feb 2nd through to checkout on the 7th.

I have a waitlist request in, to pick up ONE day, and change my Standard View for the 2nd through the 6th into Standard View for the 2nd through the 7th. But I am not that hopeful at this point.

At some point, I will probably drop the 1st through the 6th on my Preferred View room, and keep only the 6th to the 7th on that reservation. Then, I will probably need to move out of my Standard View room on my last day, and check back in for one night in the Preferred View room.

Does anyone think I might pick up the 6th through the 7th on the waitlist? I currently have it set so that if the last night becomes available, it will cancel my Standard View 2nd through the 6th and make it Standard View 2nd through the 7th. Is that the best way? Or should I just list for one single night, and then have them connected together later?

What about if I keep the last night of the Preferred View room, and then, at check in, I tell them that I am quite willing to stay in the Standard View for all 5 nights, IF they will keep me in the same room, and they can give the 'preferred room' for that last night to someone else as a free upgrade?

We waitlisted a standard studio for one night in March. About a month after, it came through. We thought it was a pipe dream too. We had poly booked so we weren’t that worried about it. We just want to see it. I don’t really have a desire to stay there for a long stay. We usually do one and two bedrooms— too many points.

I don't think the Tower Studios are going to be as popular as many think. Right now they are available at 7 months out. The 2 person limit is going to keep demand down even if the points are cheaper. That being said, February isn't very far out so the odds are quite low.
They have recently made a new declaration and that may have opened back some availability.
However I agree with you. Not only they are for 2 people, but they're really tiny. If the floor plans are to be believed, there is not even a table and chairs in the room. If the bed in down, you must sit on the bed or go outside on the tiny balcony.
It's possible Standard studios will be in higher demand than Tower studios.

They have recently made a new declaration and that may have opened back some availability.
However I agree with you. Not only they are for 2 people, but they're really tiny. If the floor plans are to be believed, there is not even a table and chairs in the room. If the bed in down, you must sit on the bed or go outside on the tiny balcony.
It's possible Standard studios will be in higher demand than Tower studios.
Agreed about the standard studio. That will probably be the hardest category to book at Riviera.

I am going to be in DW on Feb 2nd through the 7th. 3 of us. I currently have a Preferred View Deluxe Studio for Feb 1st through to the 7th. AND, I have a Standard View Deluxe Studio for Feb 2nd through to the 6th. I WANT a Standard View for Feb 2nd through to checkout on the 7th.

I have a waitlist request in, to pick up ONE day, and change my Standard View for the 2nd through the 6th into Standard View for the 2nd through the 7th. But I am not that hopeful at this point.

At some point, I will probably drop the 1st through the 6th on my Preferred View room, and keep only the 6th to the 7th on that reservation. Then, I will probably need to move out of my Standard View room on my last day, and check back in for one night in the Preferred View room.

Does anyone think I might pick up the 6th through the 7th on the waitlist? I currently have it set so that if the last night becomes available, it will cancel my Standard View 2nd through the 6th and make it Standard View 2nd through the 7th. Is that the best way? Or should I just list for one single night, and then have them connected together later?

What about if I keep the last night of the Preferred View room, and then, at check in, I tell them that I am quite willing to stay in the Standard View for all 5 nights, IF they will keep me in the same room, and they can give the 'preferred room' for that last night to someone else as a free upgrade?

If your intent is to cancel preferred, I would set waitlist up so that if that one night comes through, to replace that reservation. Then give MS a call and have them merge with the current room you have booked.

Id be very cautious to connect the waitlist to your current SV reservation as there could be confusion and it cancels what you have booked, vs. changing it.

At our 7 month window back in Oct., we waitlisted a preferred studio for 6 nights in early May. About a week later, we actually booked a stay for a week later, and when calling MS about something else we learned our waitlist had come through! Cancelled our booked week and took our waitlisted week! Hope you get your nights!

We waitlisted a single night for a Deluxe Preferred View Studio for the end of next March at the Riviera and it came through after 6 weeks. Good Luck everyone!

There are only 2 random days available in a Tower Studio over the next 7 months, and Fall is looking pretty light. Apparently, they are quite popular......so far.

There are only 2 random days available in a Tower Studio over the next 7 months, and Fall is looking pretty light. Apparently, they are quite popular......so far.
Under 7 months, sure....people were talking like Tower Studios would be the next room category to book up like AKV Value, BWV Standard, etc. These book immediately at 11 months. The Tower Studios are just booking like a lot of other resort studios do at 7 months. In fall they will book quickly but so do most other studios at that time of year. I'm not saying they won't book up, it just doesn't appear to the crazy demand that caused people to warn others that they would probably never be able to get even at 11 months.

I have SV deluxe studio waitlisted for one night in Aug. we have it booked for 7 nights, but I wanted to start or vaca one day earlier (so 8 nights total) but that night was waitlist only. If I can’t get it, as we get closer to 7month I’ll see what my options are and maybe do a 3/5 split stay starting somewhere else first, then moving to Riv.

I think you need to give it a little time for things to start to shift in booking patterns. The resort is not even open yet and most new small point contract owners have likely been buying at CCV until very recently. As Riviera starts to get the "clueless" crowd of childless couples there will be a shift. CCV wasn't terrible to book studios out of the gate either was it? (because people give me a hard time I am not saying clueless as derogatory but more so the category of people who go to a DVC sales pitch buy and have not done any research thus thinking a Tower Studio is guaranteed like other low point rooms elsewhere)

Under 7 months, sure....people were talking like Tower Studios would be the next room category to book up like AKV Value, BWV Standard, etc. These book immediately at 11 months.

Just thought I would say that all of this immediate booking at 11 months has grown over time by all accounts to what it is today. You also have rooms opening up based on being declared.

The reason people are saying Tower Studios will be gone is not because they are the most popular but because the number or rooms is so limited.

As with everything Riviera time will tell as it starts to mature.

I am trying for May and August While I own there, I didn’t buy until those May nights were gone.

And the days I want to go in August is the only week that SV studios are already gone. I figure my shot for the August one will be pretty good, May..not so much.

I'm in a very similar situation. The May days that I want are all gone, so I booked a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savanna View. The September dates that I want only have a RIV preferred view available. I can't say that I'm too upset about either. I'm obsessed with AKL, so I'd love to stay there (maybe even own there resale later on) and I have the points for a PV over a SV, so it's not that big of a deal.

My guide mentioned waitlisting and trying for Riviera in May, but right now I don't really know if I want to. I'd kind of like to check out AKL and get to go to RIV next year. I just wish that the dates were reversed.

I've been watching daily to see if I can catch an open night in Feb. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed a lot of open random nights in Feb for just 1 day. I was thinking they released a few rooms and all the waitlist folks jumped on the openings. Which then opened the other resorts. At the time, I had a single night at BLT also on WL and DVC called to see if I wanted to switch my reservation. I declined and am still keeping my fingers crossed for a tower studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter