Waitlisting Advice Needed

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
I am approaching the 7-month mark for my November vacation. I am hoping to switch from AKV to the Poly. As of now, the Poly does not have all of my days available for either a lake view or standard view. Unfortunately, AKV does not have all of those days available either. So if I log onto the website before 9 a.m. and happen to see a Poly reservation, it would be risky to attempt a change because I would have to cancel my AKV reservation first to have enough points. Therefore, if something goes wrong, I could wind up with nothing. I don't want to take that risk, so I will not try to change if I see a reservation.

Here's the question. If the Poly is NOT available, would it better to waitlist at 8 a.m. or to call at 9 a.m.? And can I waitlist for both views at the same time? To complicate matters further, I have enough points (once the AKV reservation is canceled) for a standard view, but would be 6 points short for a lake view. I'd prefer to buy one-time points, but am I correct in understanding that I would have to borrow if I waitlist? Not a big deal, but I like to start with a full deck each year!

Advice appreciated!

Doing the waitlist sooner would always be better so online vs calling in. You can have up to 2 waitlists at one time in a UY so you can waitlist both views.

And you can't buy one time use points to fill a waitlist so yes, it would be borrowing if he lakeview filled.

I have a similar situation-- so hope to get some info here rather than starting a new thread, if you don't mind.
I also currently have a studio at my home resort reserved for 4 nights (Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues) November. Only want to switch 2 days of it (Mon/Tues) to another resort at the 7 month mark.
I certainly don't want to lose the current reservation in doing so. Do I just try to make the new reservation separately, and then go back and cancel the 2 days off of the original reservation after any waitlisting goes through?

I have a similar situation-- so hope to get some info here rather than starting a new thread, if you don't mind.
I also currently have a studio at my home resort reserved for 4 nights (Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues) November. Only want to switch 2 days of it (Mon/Tues) to another resort at the 7 month mark.
I certainly don't want to lose the current reservation in doing so. Do I just try to make the new reservation separately, and then go back and cancel the 2 days off of the original reservation after any waitlisting goes through?
If you have the points, leave your current reservation alone and waitlist for the two nights. If it comes through, you need to call MS to drop the two nights off your current reservation. You won't be able to do that on-line. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter