Waitlist- glad I checked the DVC website!

dclfun

DIS Veteran
Wow...I had waitlisted an AKV savannah view room for Saturday, Sept. 15th. We already had ressies there beginning on the 16th and decided to add one more night thinking that a Saturday is usually easier to get. When I called MS last month there was no availability so I chose OKW and wtl AKV. With the new policy I was aware that they would automatically confirm my waitlist and use the add'l points....but didn't know I wouldn't receive a confirmation. Lo and behold the MS website now shows Sept. 15th at OKW cancelled and Sept. 15th at AKV confirmed. If I hadn't looked I'd never have realized that my waitlist came through. Also, I'm thinking I should call MS to be sure they're aware to link the two ressies together so we don't have to check in/out or move rooms......or does anyone know if that's done automatically? ---Kathy

Great for you! They can link the ressies as long as the room types are the same...Specifically in the case of a studio, dedicated vs. Lock-off. If they aren't the same type, they can't link the ressies.

That's what we learned.
Bobbi

Also, I'm thinking I should call MS to be sure they're aware to link the two ressies together so we don't have to check in/out or move rooms......or does anyone know if that's done automatically? ---Kathy
Actually I had this happen when I booked for my sister's stay at AKV in November. I got the first 2 nights and was WL for the last night. Waitlist came through the very next day as a separate reservation. I called MS to check and they assured me that the reservations would be automagically linked together and it would be considered one stay but bc of the auto confirmed WL they can't just add it to the original reservation. I'm trusting MS to make it work. :)

I received notice in the mail about 2 weeks after the website showed my waitlist came through. It says my reservation was modified, and now shows the entire stay under one reservation number. I had added a night onto the front of my stay.

Oh, meant to add that the website showed them as 2 separate ressies. Not sure if it still does, haven't looked in a while.

I received notice in the mail about 2 weeks after the website showed my waitlist came through. It says my reservation was modified, and now shows the entire stay under one reservation number. I had added a night onto the front of my stay.

Oh, meant to add that the website showed them as 2 separate ressies. Not sure if it still does, haven't looked in a while.

Same here.

Thanks for the information- I will wait for a confirmation since I'm not sure when the wtl came through. I didn't know about the lock-off vs. non lock-off situation though and linking the ressies- makes sense!---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter