Waitlist beat stalking this time!

kboo

DIS Veteran
Waitlist came through for the middle night of a 5 night stay at BLT 1br std that I'd been piecing together 1 night at a time since the summer! The other nights I had gotten by stalking with the app (one night was also waitlisted but never matched), so my dashboard was a mess of single nights booked, plus a separate reservation in a 1BR PG at BWV.

So just on a whim I checked my dashboard, not expecting to find anything since I had the app set to text notifications. Called MS because that night was missing from my waitlist and thought that might have been dropped by accident. Nope!

So now my dashboard is all cleaned up, though I will need to bank some points back into 2019 after we make our second 2018 reservation.

woohoo!!!!

(Still waitlisting for a 1BR std at BWV because it's fewer points, but otherwise I'm very happy with the outcome!)

Wanted to reiterate here, for anyone using the app, that it is not infallible! Did not get a text from the app that the room was ever available. It's an excellent tool, but checking the waitlist status is important too.

Waitlist came through for the middle night of a 5 night stay at BLT 1br std that I'd been piecing together 1 night at a time since the summer! The other nights I had gotten by stalking with the app (one night was also waitlisted but never matched), so my dashboard was a mess of single nights booked, plus a separate reservation in a 1BR PG at BWV.

So just on a whim I checked my dashboard, not expecting to find anything since I had the app set to text notifications. Called MS because that night was missing from my waitlist and thought that might have been dropped by accident. Nope!

So now my dashboard is all cleaned up, though I will need to bank some points back into 2019 after we make our second 2018 reservation.

woohoo!!!!

(Still waitlisting for a 1BR std at BWV because it's fewer points, but otherwise I'm very happy with the outcome!)

DVC does not text when waitlists match if I'm understanding that is what you are thinking it would do? At best the person who completes the match will remember to send you and email when they've completed it but I'm probably less than 50% on that happening.

Congrats on getting the nights you needed!

DVC does not text when waitlists match if I'm understanding that is what you are thinking it would do? At best the person who completes the match will remember to send you and email when they've completed it but I'm probably less than 50% on that happening.

Congrats on getting the nights you needed!
Thanks! No, I'm an avid user of the ******. Which makes no representations about how accurate it is, but you can set up text alerts if it finds room availability. That's how I found the other nights for that reservation, one by one. Now I need another purpose in life! :rotfl2:

Thanks! No, I'm an avid user of the ******. Which makes no representations about how accurate it is, but you can set up text alerts if it finds room availability. That's how I found the other nights for that reservation, one by one. Now I need another purpose in life! :rotfl2:

Oh - not the members site. Correct? The 3rd party app?

Well, if it matched to your waitlist the reservation scrubber never should have seen it as available.

did you use the paid version or the free version?

Oh - not the members site. Correct? The 3rd party app?

Well, if it matched to your waitlist the reservation scrubber never should have seen it as available.

did you use the paid version or the free version?

Correct, the 3d party app, the paid version. But - the Thursday night, which I had waitlisted previously (I was using one spot on my waitlist to pick off days in order of difficulty, if that makes any sense), did not show as coming off my waitlist, and I got a notification from the app, and booked it by calling MS, *and* got a little stern talking to about having multiple reservations for the same time in the same name. So it worked exactly the opposite way last time.

Correct, the 3d party app, the paid version. But - the Thursday night, which I had waitlisted previously (I was using one spot on my waitlist to pick off days in order of difficulty, if that makes any sense), did not show as coming off my waitlist, and I got a notification from the app, and booked it by calling MS, *and* got a little stern talking to about having multiple reservations for the same time in the same name. So it worked exactly the opposite way last time.
Hmmm didn't think MS would care if you have the points to cover both reservations....

Hmmm didn't think MS would care if you have the points to cover both reservations....
Agreed, that's what I thought, and the CM yesterday didn't bat an eyelash, linked everything and confirmed 3x I wanted to let go of the BWV 1br P/G before actually letting it go. The CM the time before was the one who was, "You know, you REALLY shouldn't be holding all these reservations under the same name..." But then when I offered to change one of them to my DH's name but asked how that would affect the waitlist, she didn't say anything more about it.

What is this app? I haven't seen anything that serves as any sort of dashboard(ish).

it's an app that will check for availability for you so you do not have to login all the time doing it yourself. If it finds a match, it will notify you. It's literally called ******.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter