waitlist advice

karen4546

DIS Veteran
I am going on a trip in May 2020 my home resort is AKV I have a waitlist for May 26 for CL studio. I already have May 25, 27, and 28. What do you thinkg the odds of me getting my waitlist since it is in the middle of my week? I also have a waitlist for the 24th for a value studio. If i could get May 24 and 26 then i would cancel the 26th and just book 2 nights in a standard view to even it out. I have had the waitlist for almost a week. patience is not a virtue of mine. I would prefer to only change rooms twice- Preferably on the front end. like going value or standard to club level. So, how good are my chances at getting either or both of the waitlists? I am happy that i at least got one value studio for the whole week already booked for my daughter. I was too late to the game to walk it, but i just stalked everyday and so when all the dates opened up, i snagged it.

update.... DH wanted me to cancel the value studio and book a value 2br which was available. so, i canceled both of the CL (25th) and (27-29th) since my waitlist for the 26th had not come available. went to my dashboard to modify the value studio to a 2br but it said it was unavailable. I was modifying so i thought since i was essentially canceling the studio that the 2br value would show available since i already had the "studio" portion booked-nope. well there was no way i was going to cancel that value studio and be sol for the value 2br.

I went back in to see availability and there were the 4 nights of CL studio that i wanted. ALL FOUR NIGHTS ! 25-29. So, why did the 26th become available for the CL studio? i had a waitlist for it and had just checked to see if it was open before i canceled the other nights. I jumped on the CL nights and put my waitlist back in for the studio for the 24th. I am stoked to get a value studio and cl studio for May 2020. If the value for the 24th does not become available then i will just buy the few extra points at 7 mos to book a standard or savanna view studio.

DH may not like that i booked the 2 rooms instead of the 2br but it sleeps the same amount of people and we both love CL. we don't eat in the room much and so i am okay with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter