Waiting for GP codes...should I book now and apply code later..if it comes out?

chicky monkey

Mouseketeer
Well, I've been waiting for the general public codes just like all of you fine folks, but I don't think it is wise for me to wait any more.

I have already bought plane tickets...but have yet to book a room. I want to book a room at Pop Century for May 8 - 11.

What should I do? Should I go ahead and book now? If I do book now, should I make it a room-only reservation? I've heard that if general public codes are released, that you can apply the code discount to a reservation only if it's room-only...IS THIS RIGHT?

If I do this, what then about the tickets? Should I order them separately online or should I wait and purchase them at the hotel?

Thanks for any help you can give me! ::MickeyMo

I would think, and I've seen it argued here, that if you book your room now, you run the risk of filling up the resort. Once the resort is full, there will be no need for Disney to issue codes. But if you already have non-refundable plane tickets, you should either book your room now and pray for codes, or book a package and give up on the GP codes some say may not happen. JMHO
Good Luck pirate:

I would certainly want to book, regardless. What if you wait too long and there is no availability when you are ready? Good luck!

Stitch inside~

Thanks for your quick reply....you know it's kinda like we're all in Vegas...wishing and hoping on the roll of the dice or something. I just don't know what to do...

Do you think the codes are gonna happen? I kinda think they will, but it will be after I've entered into the 45 day til cancellation/changes zone and it will be too late.

What should I do? Should I call and book or wait it out a few more days?

:confused3

Yeah tekmom....you've hit on my main fear. I suppose I'll call and book today and hope for the best.

I'll wait for a few minutes longer if anyone else has some words of wisdom that might help determine my next move.

Thanks, tekmom for your response and good wishes! :wave2:

If you are looking to go in May I'd go ahead and book now. From what's been said here on the boards its going to be really packed then. If codes come out you can always apply them at that time.

You might want to at least call and check availability for your dates at the resort you want. And in your sweetest voice ask if there are any discounts. You might also want to go ahead and book your room only, then shop around for a good package from AAA or Expedia, Travelocity, or a reputable TA.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter