Wait times with Express Pass

candy0730

DIS Veteran
Hi, I have been watching wait times because we are going to be at Universal July 9-11. Today I notice stand by time for Hulk is 80 minutes, Despicable is 85 and Kong is 75. We will have Express Pass so how long should we expect to wait if stand by lines are this long? We haven't been to Universal in over 20 years so just trying to get an idea of wait times and to plan accordingly. Thanks!

We were there the end of May. When Hulk was over 60 min we waited 10 min at the most, same for Kong. The longest we waited with EP was for Transformers and that was about 20min and I think the posted wait time was 75 min at that time.

Yeah. It's impossible to be specific because too much is dependent on outside factors ... like a huge cluster of EP holders showing up at a ride right after the parade or something. But in general, 5 minutes on the low end and 20 on the high is about right, depending on the ride.

Really depends. We went when Hulk had a 60 minute wait and waited 10 minutes probably with express. Kong had a posted 90 minute wait and we actually waited 45 with Express Pass. Found out it was because there were ride issues. Similar happened with Mummy. Posted 45 and EP waited that long! I guess someone took down the divider rope between EP and the regular line at the very beginning so a ton of non-EP were in the EP line causing confusion and then to top it off the ride was running a weird capacity where they could only half load the cars.

Thank you, very helpful info. I can't imagine going without Express Pass and having to wait 80 minutes. Good to know that the wait is reduced significantly unless there are ride issues.

I can't imagine going without Express Pass and having to wait 80 minutes. Good to know that the wait is reduced significantly unless there are ride issues.

I also really appreciate people posting this kind of stuff. Makes it easier to "sell" 2 nights at Royal Pacific to my DH who is looking at the cost per night and having a heart attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter