Wait List?

youcanfly

Earning My Ears
I just read a post about a waiting list to purchase points. I purchased in '93 at OKW and would like to add on a few points. As far as I know, I do not have a DVC guide anymore. Can anyone help me with info on how to get on the waiting list?

Do you still have the main number to contact your guide, even though he's no longer there? I believe it's 1800-800-9100. You can talk to someone there. If you want to talk to a specific person, my guide, Ron Brumbaugh, has been there since the beginning. He's really very nice, and not pushy at all.

At any rate, tell him that you want to be put on the waitlist for points for whatever resort you are looking for. You will receive a phone call when your name is at the top of the list, and they have the points at the resort you want in your use year. It could be just a couple of months from now, or a year from now, it just depends. I got on the waitlist last August for OKW points AND I AM STILL WAITING!! Since Disney has stepped up their efforts on ROFR, more people are beginning to get calls about available points. It's just my bad luck that everyone on that list is waiting for February points, like I am;)

Call Member Services at DVC, I am sure they will give you a new guide. I use Byron. If you're not locked-in to having add on points at Old Key West, I'll bet you could do your add-on right now using points available through Beach Club Villas. I'll have to wait a couple of years, but I hope to add points eventually. I hope it's an easy process for you. Good luck.:smooth:

I've had good luck twice being on Disney's waitlist for add-on points at BWV. The first time I got called 3 weeks later with the points I wanted. Then I decided a few months later to try for just one more small add-on, so I went back on the waitlist. That time it took about 8-9 months, but I got the points I wanted.

Both times, though, I was willing to be patient and wait as long as it took.

I say "go for it" and try that waitlist for OKW. Good luck! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter