wait list for early dining

momofqandl

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any experience with switching to early dining after being on the waitlist? Does it ever happen?

We are not sailing until May (wonder 4 night), but didnt know if there was anything else we could do besides having our travel agent request early dining. Have dd3, and ds 6.

I know a lot of families that post do prefer the late seating, but I'm not sure my kids can sit through an hour and a half of dinner after playing hard all day.

Thanks very much

We are a group of 16 traveling on 1/4 Magic. We booked about 2 months ago and my sister's family wanted early seating....the rest of us wanted late seating. DCL put her on waitlist and as of last week she had not clearned. I just called DCL yesterday to check and she was cleared for early seating (party of 6)

So, it does happen!!

MJ

The best way I know to get this changed is to call a few times a week to see if anything has opened up. If there is a cancellation, the waitlist is not immediately checked. It's only used once a day to fill openings. Ask your TA to call every once in a while to see if anything has opened up. I've used this method to change dining and to change staterooms, too. I was placed on the waitlist, but got the change after calling to see if there was an opening. That's not to say that it won't happen with the waitlist, but I feel that this gives you a better chance. If you have your reservation # handy, it only takes a few minutes. The best time to check is during the week prior to the 60-day point before the trip. This is when the majority of cancellations happen.

If all else fails, you can request a change once you get on board. There is usually a time and place where the dining manager is available on embarkation day to take requests. No guarantees at this point, but they do try to accomodate you.

Good luck!

We where put on the waiting list for early seating, for the 7 day. We phoned the travel agent a few days before we left and she said we where still on the late seating. When we checked in at the terminal we found out we got the early seating. The check in guy said some peaple make last minute changes and there are also some trip cancelations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter