VWL

bocaj1431

DIS Veteran
I am planning to rent points for a vacation to DW during April 2018. I would like to stay at VWL. It's my favorite of all the hotels. There are so many things we love about WL. We really enjoy the quiet pool.
The problem is the construction. If I read correctly, they are replacing the quiet pool? Is that correct and if so is there an approximate time frame.
Also are they keeping roaring forks or getting rid of it? I did see a video of the new dining area outside which looks great but sometimes when it's really hot it's nice to eat inside.

The new pool should be open by this fall (if not sooner) It's my understanding that roaring forks will open back up as well. I think most construction should be finished by the time you arrive.

The announcement was that the quiet pool would open sometime this summer. Roaring Fork is supposedly being refurbed and will reopen. It is possible that construction will all be completed by the time of your visit.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I'm glad to hear they are not doing away with the quiet pool and roaring forks!

Thanks to everyone for the information. I'm glad to hear they are not doing away with the quiet pool and roaring forks!
The old quiet pool has been gone for a long time. There is a new pool that will open soon.

It really is a shame as I think this pool will now be more popular/crowded than the other. At Poly I really enjoyed the DVC pool because it's much quieter than the reg pool.

The new pool has a footprint that is virtually as big as the "main pool". Plus it will be zero entry. It appears it will not have a slide, but it will certainly not be the secluded quiet pool that it was in the past. Due to the size and proximity to Geyser Point bar & grill, it will almost certainly be as crowded and noisy as the main pool.

Being an "abandoned rock quarry" can't mean that bubbling springs will be back. :(

The new pool has a footprint that is virtually as big as the "main pool". Plus it will be zero entry. It appears it will not have a slide, but it will certainly not be the secluded quiet pool that it was in the past. Due to the size and proximity to Geyser Point bar & grill, it will almost certainly be as crowded and noisy as the main pool.

What might help Granny is that people often thought it was only for DVC. Now if they think it's still only for VWL.... :cool:

Every time we stayed at VWL in the past, the pool was too cold. Hopefully the new pool will have the regular heat during cooler temps.

And, don't forget, "quiet pool" doesn't mean it isn't noisy. Just less theming. This is the leisure pool.

Every time we stayed at VWL in the past, the pool was too cold. Hopefully the new pool will have the regular heat during cooler temps.

And, don't forget, "quiet pool" doesn't mean it isn't noisy. Just less theming. This is the leisure pool.
Yes, Leisure (formerly, quiet) pool just means no slide and no lifeguard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter