VWL/toddler question....

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
We'll be "going home" in March to VWL with DS 1 yr, 4 mos. He's much better about the big boy tub but I'm wondering if there's any kind of non-slip pad on the bottom of the tub in a studio. He has a habit of standing up and I just want to be secure when we bathe.

Also, I've seen hidden in a few pictures, high chairs in the closets (it was a 1 BDRM I think...) Does anyone know if there's also one in a studio????

And, kind of related.....is the laundry room at VWL usually crowded? When's the best time to do laundry there?

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I had my 18 mo in the tub and he did not slip, I just can't remember about the non slip.

I have called and asked for a high chair and one was brought to me very quickly.

I am sure 3 am will not be crowded at the laundry center.

We'll be "going home" in March to VWL with DS 1 yr, 4 mos. He's much better about the big boy tub but I'm wondering if there's any kind of non-slip pad on the bottom of the tub in a studio. He has a habit of standing up and I just want to be secure when we bathe.

Also, I've seen hidden in a few pictures, high chairs in the closets (it was a 1 BDRM I think...) Does anyone know if there's also one in a studio????

And, kind of related.....is the laundry room at VWL usually crowded? When's the best time to do laundry there?

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

When my DD was a toddler I would bathe or shower with her at DVC but we were always in a one bed so the tub was bigger, not sure how you would get on in a studio. Anyway, on here before I was told to put a hand towel in the tub to act as a mat to prevent slipping. Not sure how that works.

Have a great trip!
Mandy :)

We just returned from a studio at VWL. The bathtub does not have any mat or non-slip stickies, and the closet only had a pack & play. The laundry room only has two washers, so it's going to be hit-or-miss in terms of being crowded.

One nice thing is you can roll strollers right on the boat without taking kids out or folding them. We saw many napping toddlers.

We returned from a 12/20-12/27 to VWL. We had a studio (lock-off, first floor room 1503). There was a pack n play and a high-chair in the closet. My parents were in the studio next door (dedicated, room 1502). They had the same pnp and hc. There are no non-slip mats or grips in the tub. I would suggest packing one. When my son was that age, we had to travel with his non-slip mat, because he was terrified of getting in a strange tub. We finally figured out the mat made him feel like it was home. (And it's safer, too.)

If you don't have a highchair in the closet in your room, just call housekeeping and request one. They're really good about that. Have a great trip!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter